Cary Grant.

cressida

One of my favourite actors - new ITVX  (?)

Drama 'Archie' Thursday 23rd November.  Jason Isaacs plays him, I'll be interested to find out if he can get Cary's distinctive accent,

Tony Curtis managed it in 'Operation Petticoat'.

ITVX where's that?

28 minutes ago, cressida said:

One of my favourite actors - new ITVX  (?)

Drama 'Archie' Thursday 23rd November.  Jason Isaacs plays him, I'll be interested to find out if he can get Cary's distinctive accent,

Tony Curtis managed it in 'Operation Petticoat'.

ITVX where's that?

It's online, but you need a pay to see it's programmes.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Mister M said:

It's online, but you need a pay to see it's programmes.

No you dont.

You can upgrade to premium to get rid of ads and get SOME extra programming, but all the stuff shown on the main channels and load of other stuff is there free of charge.

1 minute ago, cressida said:

I'll wait until it's repeated on another channel or possibly buy a dvd,  I do know his story,  he joined a circus before he went into acting,  if Hecate can access it she may be able to send it me.

Thanks. 

How are you sending this message?

Go to the ITV X website and watch it from Thursday

www.itvx.com

Or, look into getting a better TV that has the BBC iPlayer and ITVX built in, my grandad is mid 80s and manages fine with it.

Edited by HeHasRisen
  • Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, cressida said:

I know Hecate will be interested in this👍

Hello to Jason Isaacs!

Cary Grant and Jason Isaacs.  What a combination.  Though I might want to keep Cary Grant as the persona and bit of an enigma he always was.

Jason Isaacs is a great actor and a top bloke.  A little tangent: back when the Kermode and Mayo film review used to be on Radio 5 they had him on the show pretty regularly, which culminated in this:

Earlier this year, Kermode and Mayo teasingly suggested Isaacs prove his devotion to their radio show by having his character in Awake say the word “ukulele” onscreen. For Isaacs, who is also a producer on the NBC show, it was a case of “Challenge accepted!” — and swiftly achieved. Which is why, on March 22, Awake viewers heard Isaacs’ Detective Britten utter the line “He’s not going to be playing the ukulele in heaven,” while examining a corpse whose fingers had been badly mangled. “When I did that I got a note from the editing room going, ‘What the f— are you talking about?'” says the actor. “I said, ‘You have to keep the line in. If I can ever wield my big stick as a producer, I’m telling you I want the ukulele line left in!'”

From here: Jason Isaacs' strange cult following

And here's the evidence:

:D