Ulez Rules Cost Nhs £65million

On 22/11/2023 at 15:56, Delbow said:

What is it with right wingers and vehicle fumes? Why do they seem to want as much pollution as possible rather than making it go away?

The fact is city air has never been cleaner, it is a non problem, or, more accurately, ULEZ is a disproportionate answer to a minor problem.

We near the top of the law of diminishing returns as regards legislation designed to "keep us safe". In fact almost all that we are now introducing is disproportionate cobblers costing far more (in financial terms and/or restrictions on people's lives) than any possible benefit

Edited by Chekhov
  • Haha 2

As usual,  Ckekhov is silly enough to think that  YOU CAN SEE  all the pollution in the air.

Science has moved on a little from the days when we could see all the smoke from factory and house chimneys,  but he thinks if you can't see it,  then it's not there.

Our air is polluted and will stay that way until we prevent dirty vehicle emissions,  whether visible or invisible.

That's why they tell you not to run a car engine in an enclosed space like a garage.   You cannot see carbon monoxide and all the other pollutants.

27 minutes ago, Organgrinder said:

As usual,  Ckekhov is silly enough to think that  YOU CAN SEE  all the pollution in the air.

Science has moved on a little from the days when we could see all the smoke from factory and house chimneys,  but he thinks if you can't see it,  then it's not there.

Our air is polluted and will stay that way until we prevent dirty vehicle emissions,  whether visible or invisible.

That's why they tell you not to run a car engine in an enclosed space like a garage.   You cannot see carbon monoxide and all the other pollutants.

No, you are wrong. 

The air in cities is cleaner than it has ever been, in the last few hundred years at any rate

36 minutes ago, butlers said:

If the pollution from combustion engines is killing less than 1percent I dont see why we should alter our behavior.

Surprisingly enough, I can't find any hard figures regarding this so I have no idea of the percentage in the UK.   Obviously all countries swill vary.

I walk every day for my health and I have had to change my routes because of the traffic fumes which are far worse than they used to be when I ran, cycled and walked in years past.

Most people are bone idle and refuse to walk anywhere and this alone,  will cost the NHS billions in future years on top of pollution deaths.

I support cleaning the planet but I don't think that electric cars are a sustainable answer.