November 22nd 1963 !

I haven't read this one, but I've just spotted that it's a kindle daily deal today : Misbelief: What Makes Rational People Believe Irrational Things

I am reading this one and it's very good indeed.  Not on offer today though: The Conspiracy Tourist: Travels Through a Strange World

I also recommend this one: Suspicious Minds: Why We Believe Conspiracy Theories

And this one: Conspiracy: A History of Boll*cks Theories, and How Not to Fall for Them

I think everyone who is old enough will remember where they were that day.

I was twelve years old,watching TV with my Mum and Dad ( black and white,of course),when the programme was stopped and a newsreader announced that President Kennedy had been assassinated.What stays in my mind was how my parents were visibly shaken by the news- even at that young age,I instantly understood that this was something very important.

It was a Friday evening and I’d been out in Sheffield having a jar or two with my mates.

When I got home my parents told me the terrible news about JFK being assassinated.

I’ll always remember the grainy black and white images of Walter Cronkite on CBS announcing that Kennedy had been shot and then had died.

I felt sick and so sad. He was a breath of fresh air in politics and not afraid to confront the Soviets. It was a seismic event.

echo.

On 23/11/2023 at 06:47, Hecate said:

I haven't read this one, but I've just spotted that it's a kindle daily deal today : Misbelief: What Makes Rational People Believe Irrational Things

I received my horoscope cup yesterday and it had my various characteristics on it -      IRRATIONAL         LOGICAL

Does that compute?