Dutch General Election Live: First Exit Poll Shows Geert Wilders'.

1 hour ago, Al Bundy said:

He won, and just like a typical leftie you are stamping your feet and refuse to accept the word "victory" because diddums it's not what I wanted..😭 so I will start throwing out personal insults.

Suck it up.

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

It's like when Corbyn when the Labour leadership, he only won because the center vote was split. 

It needs a fair voting system. 

• 3 months later...
3 hours ago, Prettytom said:

Not really.

.https://www.theguardian.com/world/2024/mar/13/geert-wilders-gives-up-hope-of-being-dutch-pm-due-to-lack-of-support

This far-right thing is having a rough couple of days, isn’t it.

"Leader of far-right Freedom party, which came first in election last year"

It's no surprise that he has been unable to take the position though is it.

3 hours ago, Al Bundy said:

"Leader of far-right Freedom party, which came first in election last year"

It's no surprise that he has been unable to take the position though is it.

I dunno, it is possibly a bit surprising. The firewall between mainstream right wing parties in Europe and the far right isn't as strong as it used to be (see: Italy). And I can't tell whether the deal breaker for Wilders was being PM and whether the other parties were willing to work with him if he wasn't PM. 

2 minutes ago, Delbow said:

I dunno, it is possibly a bit surprising. The firewall between mainstream right wing parties in Europe and the far right isn't as strong as it used to be (see: Italy). And I can't tell whether the deal breaker for Wilders was being PM and whether the other parties were willing to work with him if he wasn't PM. 

I've had a read through a couple of times and I still can't work out what's happening to be honest.

In layman's terms I would hazard a guess that the losing parties are stamping their feet and refusing to work with the winning party.

1 minute ago, Al Bundy said:

I've had a read through a couple of times and I still can't work out what's happening to be honest.

In layman's terms I would hazard a guess that the losing parties are stamping their feet and refusing to work with the winning party.

I'm not sure the Dutch system is really a win/lose situation like in the UK is it?

On 22/11/2023 at 22:07, Organgrinder said:

I thought we had no money to spare but a Tory government can always find some for a good fight.

Notice how it always get's Tory supporters excited too.   Damned warmongers.

Pity they didn't spend a bit more in the1930s, then Europe may not have had to put up with 6 years of war....

But I disagree with the implication of your post anyway, that no wars should be fought.

Do you think we should have let aggression pay and the Argies keep the Falklands ?

Or the Russians keep Ukraine ?

Or the North Koreans South Korea back in the 1950s ?

How about WWII, stopping Hitler, was that a good or bad thing ?

* We went to S Korea a few weeks ago, it's a prosperous democracy. Compare with N Korea (a warmongering dictatorial poor state) with S Korea, then say we should have left them to it.....

2 hours ago, Chekhov said:

Pity they didn't spend a bit more in the1930s, then Europe may not have had to put up with 6 years of war....

But I disagree with the implication of your post anyway, that no wars should be fought.

Do you think we should have let aggression pay and the Argies keep the Falklands ?

Or the Russians keep Ukraine ?

Or the North Koreans South Korea back in the 1950s ?

How about WWII, stopping Hitler, was that a good or bad thing ?

* We went to S Korea a few weeks ago, it's a prosperous democracy. Compare with N Korea (a warmongering dictatorial poor state) with S Korea, then say we should have left them to it.....

My Bold:  Wrong again  - I have spoken about wars many times on this forum and never, ever said that  "no wars should be fought"

I have always said that we should only wage war against countries who have attacked us or are clearly about to attack us.

All wars finish with some kind of a deal at the end and all wars finish with us doing trade, playing football  etc.  etc. with the people we were trying to kill.  We should make the deals instead of going to war.

We get heavily involved in far too many wars,  mainly as a duo with the USA.  Unless we or our allies are attacked,  we should only get involved as part of an International effort where other countries

share our endeavours  and our risk equally,  rather than believing that it's our job to police the world.

11 hours ago, Delbow said:

I'm not sure the Dutch system is really a win/lose situation like in the UK is it?

Surely both countries can have a hung parliament, although a little more likely in Holland.