Anyone Seen Father Christmas?

1 hour ago, Jack Grey said:

You can't say 'Happy Christmas' anymore you have to say 'Happy Holidays' to be more inclusive 🙄

Utter rubbish!

It’s a celebration of Christ’s birth. Christ’s mass.

We’re already inclusive. Other cultures and religions celebrate their special events and dates, Diwali, Ramadan, Eid and Hanukkah etc and I’ve never heard anyone object to that so why can’t we do the same.

It’s a joyful time and maybe a time for reflection for the majority of folks here and even if they’re not practicing Christians, they will enjoy themselves around 25th December and to say we should simply call it a ‘holiday’ is crass stupidity.

It’s CHRISTMAS and always will be Christmas.

A case of the tail wagging the dog again!

echo.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, bassett one said:

well i love santa hes a top bloke ,brings great presents,does not cause traffic problems and travels the whole world in 24 hours

LONG LIVE SANTA   he has many copys but theres only one real one from lapland

Yes Bassett  my neighbours, their grandchildren and families have just returned from seeing him in Lapland. Just to prove he does exist!

echo.

1 hour ago, francypants said:

I don't care whether it's right or wrong   .......   it's always going to be  Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year in our house.     🙂

In our house francy it’s sometimes a Happy Christmas and a Merry New Year!

Depending how much drink we have left over!😀

echo.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, echo beach said:

Utter rubbish!

It’s a celebration of Christ’s birth. Christ’s mass.

We’re already inclusive. Other cultures and religions celebrate their special events and dates, Diwali, Ramadan, Eid and Hanukkah etc and I’ve never heard anyone object to that so why can’t we do the same.

It’s a joyful time and maybe a time for reflection for the majority of folks here and even if they’re not practicing Christians, they will enjoy themselves around 25th December and to say we should simply call it a ‘holiday’ is crass stupidity.

It’s CHRISTMAS and always will be Christmas.

A case of the tail wagging the dog again!

echo

We can do the same, and we've never been prevented from doing the same (apart from inside a few misguided people's heads).

Oh, and to return to the OP: we haven't been stopped from using the term "Father" either.

On 27/11/2023 at 15:56, Jack Grey said:

You can't say 'Happy Christmas' anymore you have to say 'Happy Holidays' to be more inclusive 🙄

You can say what you like,  when you like,  how you like.  especially at Christmas.

Edited by Organgrinder