Unpopular Christmas Cake ?

According to Radio 2,s biggest condescending toilet brush Jeremy Whine, the good old traditional fruit based Christmas cake is now more unpopular than ever. People ringing in were championing other deserts like Black Forest Gateaux and Pavlovas for after lunch. There was one lady who was an ex Bake Off contestant who tried to sing the good old Christmas cakes praises, but admitted that other deserts were more popular. 

O.M.G!!! I absolutely LOVE it, and Christmas pudding too!! Is the old fashioned Christmas Cake now a thing of the past??

• Like 1

Fancy me agreeing with Mr Bundy.   that's strange,  but it's true.

It  IS  compulsory at our house and always will be.

Christmas cake, Christmas pud,  and mince pies too.

9 minutes ago, Mister M said:

I like Christmas cake and Cheddar cheese together, possibly the only time I will have sweet and savoury together.

Not bothered about Christmas pudding though.

I think the problem with Christmas pudding is that by the time it's pudding time ones belly is already near to bursting.

18 minutes ago, Al Bundy said:

I think the problem with Christmas pudding is that by the time it's pudding time ones belly is already near to bursting.

There's only me and my nephew that eat Christmas pudding, so my Mum gets those individual ones from Sainsburys. They're nice with either cream or brandy butter, but on their own they're a bit tasteless.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Al Bundy said:

Absolute heathens.

Christmas pudding and cake should be compulsory at Christmas.

As a much younger 'me' I didn't like either. I had the pudding as it had sixpenny pieces hidden in it! Didn't eat the pudding though.

I often wonder if the older 'me' would like them. The problem is really the alcohol used in them. None of them are what I would ever drink (sherry, Brandy etc) I know a lot of people don't add the traditional booze now.

I've never been one for dessert. A good starter and main does me.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mister M said:

I like Christmas cake and Cheddar cheese together, possibly the only time I will have sweet and savoury together.

Not bothered about Christmas pudding though.

Have you tried a segment of satsuma with a bite of a Dairylea cheese triangle?

Utter food heaven.