Unpopular Christmas Cake ?

5 hours ago, Cyclunt said:

According to Radio 2,s biggest condescending toilet brush Jeremy Whine, the good old traditional fruit based Christmas cake is now more unpopular than ever. People ringing in were championing other deserts like Black Forest Gateaux and Pavlovas for after lunch. There was one lady who was an ex Bake Off contestant who tried to sing the good old Christmas cakes praises, but admitted that other deserts were more popular. 

O.M.G!!! I absolutely LOVE it, and Christmas pudding too!! Is the old fashioned Christmas Cake now a thing of the past??

Blame Nigella! https://amp.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/2023/nov/26/nigella-lawson-tells-britain-to-give-christmas-cake-the-heave-ho-ho-ho

I love Christmas cake too.  Apparently there are lots of people that don’t like dried fruit which I never understand.  Some of the Christmas cake alternatives seem a bit too sweet and sickly for me especially after all the other Christmas food.

9 hours ago, pfifes said:

Blame Nigella! https://amp.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/2023/nov/26/nigella-lawson-tells-britain-to-give-christmas-cake-the-heave-ho-ho-ho

I love Christmas cake too.  Apparently there are lots of people that don’t like dried fruit which I never understand.  Some of the Christmas cake alternatives seem a bit too sweet and sickly for me especially after all the other Christmas food.

I like the actual cake – the fruitier the better. It's the icing and marzipan I dislike and so don't ice the one's I make.