Sheffield Wednesday V Blackburn

bassett one

It seems like a long time since I've said this but I thoroughly enjoyed the game today, great to see young Cads gettin the goal his recent performances have deserved and we were taking the game to Blackburn, we said at HT a goal lead wasn't enough as BR passed the ball very well, typically the leagues top scorer Szmodics made it 1-1 with a great diving header at the far post, the Owls went a little flat at this stage of the game but Rohl's substitutions turned the game back in the home sides favour, Windass put the icing on the cake with a breakaway third to seal the win.

A good week for the Owls with 4 points from two tough opponents, the Rohl factor is seemingly starting to work.

• Thanks 1

Bright stuff from us for half an hour, but Rovers took a grip and Wednesday were under the cosh for a long period both upto and after half time and Rovers deservedly got level when Palmer switched off, upto that point Wednesdays defence had withstood the pressure with some great last ditch defending and dug in well, breaking out when they could, switching to a more 343 with Johnson after the break and it was he who got away and took his chance superbly, and took the steam out of rovers.

Absolutely no doubt the new manager and his staff have raised performance levels and were looking a different proposition altogether now, its far from convincing but it is effective, we could quite easily have conceeded a 2nd, but dug in well, two strong home performances on the bounce against some good quality gives cause for hope, we just need to find a formula away from home to take points now and we could be on a Rohl 🤣

Well I'd of been very happy with 4 points from last two games if I'd been offered it so a good week for a change. Great for Cadamarteri to get his first goal, hopefully the first of many.

Overall the performances have been much improved and hopefully we can get a couple more wins before Xmas, a few winnable games in there.

Extended highlights from yesterday, as a result of the euphoria after that superb win I'd almost forgot about Iorfa coming off injured in the first minutes, quickly reminded of that whilst watching the highlights. Great to see DR getting the plaudits he deserves, I wouldn't be surprised if the car crash club from the other side of town were thinking about waving some PL money at him.