Are Smokers Discriminated Against On Game Shows.

PRESLEY

I mean they arent going to show people smoking, OFCOM wont allow it. They have hours of footage to edit into an hour or whatever.

10 minutes ago, cressida said:

I watched the first series and never saw anyone smoking,  I wouldn't be surprised if the banker does though as no-one can see him,  the contestants stand too close together.

Eh? He never mentioned Deal or No Deal. They arent going to smoke in a TV studio ffs.

Edited by HeHasRisen

1 hour ago, HeHasRisen said:

I mean they arent going to show people smoking, OFCOM wont allow it. They have hours of footage to edit into an hour or whatever.

Eh? He never mentioned Deal or No Deal. They arent going to smoke in a TV studio ffs.

Never ever misread have you,  you're like Keyhole Kate.

2 minutes ago, PRESLEY said:

On which game show?

Programmes such as Big Brother and IACGMOOH will have off screen smoking areas they are allowed to smoke in as the sets are legally the home of the contestants.

OFCOM are quite strict on smoking on programmes, hence why you wont see any, or much, unless there is "strong editorial justification". Maybe a drama showing Winston Churchill smoking a big fat cigar would be allowed as that is one of the things he was known for.  A bunch of celebs in a jungle, clearly not

https://ash.org.uk/law/media-representation

1 hour ago, HeHasRisen said:

I agree with you especially about the edit time,  I remember when Freddie Starr was in the jungle some years ago and he had a rant about wanting a cig so they took him to designated area which I can understand being in close proximity to people plus the foliage but when Big Brother was on channel 4 a couple of years ago the smokers smoked their heads off in the garden,  so HHR is on the right lines mentioning OfCom.

3 minutes ago, PRESLEY said:

I agree with you especially about the edit time,  I remember when Freddie Starr was in the jungle some years ago and he had a rant about wanting a cig so they took him to designated area which I can understand being in close proximity to people plus the foliage but when Big Brother was on channel 4 a couple of years ago the smokers smoked their heads off in the garden,  so HHR is on the right lines mentioning OfCom.

It was possibly something that was integral to the goings on that day, either that or the rules have been heavily tightened up since.

Edited by HeHasRisen

1 minute ago, HeHasRisen said:

It was possibly something that was integral to the goings on that day, either that or the rules have been heavily tightened up since.

Your correct, I was thinking on the lines that these days if the applicants were smokers they didn't qualify to get on  the show, I obviously over thought it.