The Clarets V Dem Blades

Baron99

8 minutes ago, Alextopman said:

You talking to me then.

Oh that's Top4718 do you know him he's a bit touchy?.

You are correct by the way it was only 7 but in your books that will be OK.

Probably for a short time.

7 isn't 8 in the same way a two goal deficit isn't a massacre.

Just to be clear, this thread is a united thread. It's all about todays game at Burnley and it's repercussions around the bottom of the PL. Anyone trying to obfuscate the topic and bring the Massive into it really need to give their head a wobble. Please, stay on topic, please post another topic with your chosen subject. Wednesday really shouldn't be in this thread so come on guys, let's maintain some discipline eh?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, KP Nuts 2 said:

Just to be clear, this thread is a united thread. It's all about todays game at Burnley and it's repercussions around the bottom of the PL. Anyone trying to obfuscate the topic and bring the Massive into it really need to give their head a wobble. Please, stay on topic, please post another topic with your chosen subject. Wednesday really shouldn't be in this thread so come on guys, let's maintain some discipline eh?

I’ve noticed this myself. If you should make any negative comments about united they suddenly want to speak about Wednesday. They do need calling out on it. Stay in your lane guys.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Alextopman said:

Nearly as bad as Newcastle 8 Wednesday 0, leaving them floundering at the bottom.

One man scored five that day in Newcastle's first win of the season after 8 games.

Ask Ronson he'll remember it.

Still only one club in a sheffield derby to put 8 past the other, may have been february 1943, twas the day AFTER valentines day so not quite a valentines day massacre but close enough 😁

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, staninoodle said:

Still only one club in a sheffield derby to put 8 past the other, may have been february 1943, twas the day AFTER valentines day so not quite a valentines day massacre but close enough 😁

That old chestnut they were  pulling players out of the crowd and using each others players to make the squads up....Only one record in a competitive game that's when Blades put 7 past Wednesday.

Keep grabbing dem straws.

1 hour ago, staninoodle said:

I remember it well, still rankles them even now, just like the Boxing Day Massacre.

A lot of the fans are accusing the players of being spineless, gutless and not trying, but I think it's basic human nature that when we're asked to do something we aren't capable of, we try at first then simply give up because we know it's a hopeless cause. Asking this squad of players to compete in the Premier League is like asking a lightweight boxer to fight a different heavyweight boxer week after week and by now, they know they simply aren't good enough. I hate to think what the mindset of the players will be when they walk onto the pitch to face Liverpool because they must be dreading it as much as the fans.