The Clarets V Dem Blades

Baron99

7 minutes ago, Runningman said:

Looking forward to the Wednesdayite's on here giving us minute by minute match reports on Wednesday nights game against Liverpool !

Yes, more interested in the team in the division above than their own team. Understandable I  suppose when it's a place they have no experience of this century.

We may be in with a chance on Wednesday, a chance it might snow more and we get a postponement  🎅

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Alextopman said:

That old chestnut they were  pulling players out of the crowd and using each others players to make the squads up....Only one record in a competitive game that's when Blades put 7 past Wednesday.

Keep grabbing dem straws.

Only one side had guests for that game, Wednesday had Cockroft from west ham and a rochdale winger, your lot had no guest players.

Cant recall any NON competitive derby games.

Old chestnuts are the best bud, just some find em harder to swallow 👍

24 minutes ago, m williamson said:

Yes, more interested in the team in the division above than their own team. Understandable I  suppose when it's a place they have no experience of this century.

We may be in with a chance on Wednesday, a chance it might snow more and we get a postponement  🎅

The best result we can hope for is the under soil heating  mysteriously breaking down 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, despritdan said:

A lot of the fans are accusing the players of being spineless, gutless and not trying, but I think it's basic human nature that when we're asked to do something we aren't capable of, we try at first then simply give up because we know it's a hopeless cause. Asking this squad of players to compete in the Premier League is like asking a lightweight boxer to fight a different heavyweight boxer week after week and by now, they know they simply aren't good enough. I hate to think what the mindset of the players will be when they walk onto the pitch to face Liverpool because they must be dreading it as much as the fans.

Well for the last two games, all we've been asking the players to do is compete with clubs if a similar stature within our own little mini league at the bottom end of the table & they've capitulated in both cases.   They've learnt nothing from the Bournemouth game, which could easily have been another 6 - 7 or 8 nil, as could have yesterday's game against Burnley. 

I've just watched MOTD & can't disagree with Shearer's comment that United's players were "Disgraceful' from start to finish.  To concede within 15 seconds of kick-off, watching a Burnley players in the process, shrug off 3 half hearted attempts at tackling him in midfield was pathetic before he laid the ball off for a cross, leading to the goal. 

Absolutely no commitment & no fight. 

Why is it that when united hit a rough patch it's always Wednesdays fault? Why do they see fit to turn on us, it isn't our fault now is it?

Now, back on topic please. Yesterdays win by Burnley was the largest margin victory by any club starting the day at the bottom of the PL table since 1997 when Sheffield Wednesday beat Bolton 5-0. 😂😂😂

I got to ask, were united trying to give our record away? I wouldn't put it past them.

Edited by KP Nuts 2

2 hours ago, KP Nuts 2 said:

Why is it that when united hit a rough patch it's always Wednesdays fault? Why do they see fit to turn on us, it isn't our fault now is it?

Now, back on topic please. Yesterdays win by Burnley was the largest margin victory by any club starting the day at the bottom of the PL table since 1997 when Sheffield Wednesday beat Bolton 5-0. 😂😂😂

I got to ask, were united trying to give our record away? I wouldn't put it past them.

I think Andy Booth got a hat trick in that game after being out injured for several weeks.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1