Bbc Radio Star Outs Himself As A Racist

14 hours ago, Mister M said:

I've listened to Nihal on the radio before and really enjoyed his programmes. In his conversations he's very thoughtful and insightful, so it does feel a bit of a shock to read how poorly he's articulated how he feels, and his apparent lack of self awareness in how his colleagues are going to feel upon reading it. 

I'd be interested to read if he says he's been misrepresented, because what he's alleged to have said doesn't accord with the person I've listened to before.

Agree, I really like the guy.

This with him in it is just wonderful:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/m00122hx

6 hours ago, prince al said:

Never heard of him before, he’s got his publicity now. 

I've heard of him, poor thing! 

No doubt now the hand-wringing BBC hierarchy, quacking in their hair shirts & vegan sandals, lest people start pointing fingers at their group being 99% white, will create a new role & offer him the job of 'Corporate Inequality in Establishing Ethnic Deficiency & Proposed Realignment Officer' & give him a BBC series to explore the trauma he's been going through. 

Mr Arthanayake, 52, told the Journalism Diversity Fund conference at BBC Media City in Salford: “It’s really affecting me that I walk in and all I see is white people.”

Well if he walks into a room & all he sees is white people rather than people, then firstly, that's a comment of an out & out racist.  Secondly, it also hints that he's got an inferiority complex which only he can sort out, perhaps brought about by feeling that he's also suffering from imposter syndrome, having finally realised that he's out of his depth & shouldn't be where he is in the BBC hierarchy & that he's only achieved his current role & level because organisations like the BBC have bent over backwards & pandered to his ethnicity rather than his qualifications, experience & talent. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Jack Grey said:

They've got an Asian guys presenting 'Have I Got News For You' now

They are definitely ticking all diversity boxes

Every position seems to be filled with either a woman, an ethnicity or someone from the LGBTQ community 

The guy that's made anti Israel tweets and compared Priti Patel to a coconut?

Seems about right for the BBC.

But apparently they are right wing.

🤣

Edited by Al Bundy
  • Like 1

There must be some non-white people you favour,  I think Priti Patel was good at her job but seemingly a bit bossy,  we don't like bossy,  both her and Braverman were

thwarted by all the red tape re immigration but tried their best.

I know I poo-pooed Arthanayake's claims earlier but I do has some sympathy for him. 

A couple of decades ago I was in a job that affected my mental health because I was surrounded by Black men all day.  Then again, I suppose that could be seen as my fault for applying for the job as the Harlem Globetrotter's kit man. 

I wonder if it's too late to sue on mental ground?