The Climate Experts

3 minutes ago, RollingJ said:

Nah, he walks to the corner shop, or uses his pony and trap.

Yeah his local shop is owned by a Pakistani guy so he's well versed on world affairs

So he can tell us all how ignorant we are because he buys his milk from a Pakistani guy 

Jack Grey and Rolling J

Y'see, you've turned this personal and nasty again. You're not funny and picking on a poster is extremely unpleasant. 

The irony is Jack's personal quote : 'You defeat bad ideas with good ideas....that's the power of debate' 

You need to start minding your own words Jack.

Edited by Anna B

1 hour ago, RollingJ said:

With all due respect, you are talking a load of rubbish. Even in Sheffield, in my younger days, I can remember having to walk to various places - today, I can usually get wherever I want, within reason, via public transport, but I still have to change buses/walk as required.

It used to take a long time to travel to other continents/countries, although it still takes a while these days, but not as long. Just out of curiosity, why does everything have to be about you?

Our bus system while not perfect was pretty damn good back in the day. Cheap and plentiful, with a major hub in Pond Street, so you could get off one bus and onto another taking you to your destination fairly easily.

Now it's none of those things. To get from a to b requires a fairly lengthy walk as Pond Street is no longer the hub it was, and information is also hard to find. 

Edited by Anna B

6 minutes ago, Anna B said:

Jack Grey and Rolling J

Y'see, you've turned this personal and nasty again. Picking on a posterYou're not funny and picking on a poster is extremely unpleasant. 

The irony is Jack's personal quote : 'You defeat bad ideas with good ideas....that's the power of debate' 

You need to start minding your own words Jack.

@Anna BH e invites what he gets - don't know if you've noticed, but he has a nasty habit of calling others, and claiming only he is right - which is arguable.

1 minute ago, Anna B said:

Our bus system while not perfect was pretty damn good back in the day. Cheap and plentiful, with a major hub in Pond Street, so you could get off one bus and onto another taking you to your destination fairly easily.

Now it's none of those things. To get from a to b requires a fairly lengthy walk as Pond Street is no longer the hub it was.  

It was expensive, wasteful and very badly managed, although most of that was hidden from public view. Now, transfers happen in the city centre, with very few local  services using Pond Street, unless that location is on a sensible route. As few services use the Interchange, you are unlikely to be walking to/from it.

15 minutes ago, RollingJ said:

@Anna BH e invites what he gets - don't know if you've noticed, but he has a nasty habit of calling others, and claiming only he is right - which is arguable.

Yes that's true to a certain extent, I've seen it, and nearly included his name.

But I remember he used to be argumentative (as he's entitled to be) but usually civil. 

Now I think he's no longer prepared to take the gibes lying down as he used to, and you bring out the worst in him.

I too have been provoked into responding in kind once in a while, but it's never helpful.

I like Jack's quote and think we should ALL abide by it as best we can

8 minutes ago, RollingJ said:

It was expensive, wasteful and very badly managed, although most of that was hidden from public view. Now, transfers happen in the city centre, with very few local  services using Pond Street, unless that location is on a sensible route. As few services use the Interchange, you are unlikely to be walking to/from it.

That might well be true. I hope Sheffield City Council has learned to be less profligate with our money and get better value for money from it.

We can but hope,  but I'm not holding my breath....

Edited by Anna B

4 minutes ago, Anna B said:

Yes that's true to a certain extent, I've seen it, and nearly included his name.

But I remember he used to be argumentative (as he's entitled to be) but usually civil. 

Now I think he's no longer prepared to take the gibes lying down as he used to, and you bring out the worst in him.

I too have been provoked into responding in kind once in a while, but it's never helpful.

I post on here usually on topics where I can validate my statements, and leave the rest of you to bitch amongst yourselves, but there are the times when some make such silly comments it is hard not to respond in kind.

Edited by RollingJ

10 minutes ago, RollingJ said:

I post on here usually on topics where I can validate my statements, and leave the rest of you to bitch amongst yourselves, but there are the times when some make such silly comments it is hard not to respond in kind.

True, but are you sure you're qualified to decide what's ' a silly comment.'

You can disagree entirely and still be respectful in your response.

I know it's not easy but we all have to try.

Edited by Anna B