Warning : E Bay Regards 'Delivered To Your Address' As You Receiving It

22 minutes ago, Jim Hardie said:

I was around for my delivery but they didn’t bother knocking on the door. Was I supposed to spend half a day looking out my window?

You can if you like, I suppose, though I find it sufficient to just be around during the specified time slot.  But as my comment was in response to a post about a delivery where the recipient wasn't there to receive the parcel, it's not relevant to your situation.

Virtually identical circumstances, about 18 months ago.

PayPal via Nationwide debit card, object delivered unexpectedly, photo'd, nicked.  As the OP states, you can't chase the courier - that's the seller's responsibility.

End result? Save yourself some time, and surrender.

Zilch.

Edited by FoxLady

38 minutes ago, FoxLady said:

Virtually identical circumstances, about 18 months ago.

PayPal via Nationwide debit card, object delivered unexpectedly, photo'd, nicked.  As the OP states, you can't chase the courier - that's the seller's responsibility.

End result? Save yourself some time, and surrender.

Zilch.

The seller should be named and shamed......

Evri are terrible in every way! (no pun intended)

The scary thing is that Royal Mail Parcels are going to use them and DPD (No problems with DPD) I'm not sure if it's a signed deal. A big mistake if Royal Mail Parcels let that company throw our deliveries any place they see fit.

I've had so many problems with delivery companies, mainly Evri (Hermes). The name change conned a few for a short time. I will no longer buy from any company that uses them. I tend to pay the extra now for a definite day and time slot, by a decent company.

The OP must keep pushing. Delivery companies like Evri and penny pinching sellers/companies need to be made to pay. Not the genuine people that pay good money and get terrible service.

• Like 2

I had a small parcel delivered last Saturday by Yodel, at 9.35pm! I also did not receive an item by R.M. which actually did have proof of delivery on their tracking site. It was classed as a Large Letter, so could have been put through a nearby letterbox. Fortunately it was only worth £1.50, but the delivery info on their site gives the geo co-ordinates, I don't know how this works but they didn't tally with the ones for my house but somewhere nearby.

2 hours ago, carosio said:

I had a small parcel delivered last Saturday by Yodel, at 9.35pm! I also did not receive an item by R.M. which actually did have proof of delivery on their tracking site. It was classed as a Large Letter, so could have been put through a nearby letterbox. Fortunately it was only worth £1.50, but the delivery info on their site gives the geo co-ordinates, I don't know how this works but they didn't tally with the ones for my house but somewhere nearby.

Yodel are 0.000005% better than Evri. They are also on my 'Not to use' list.

A problem with ebay (and others) is that when sellers list their goods, they do not neccessarily either say who the carrier is that they use, or they list one, and use another.   I look for ones specifying "Royal Mail" as I find them the most relaible.  Even so, I have had these delivered by other couriers, including Evri/Hermes.  I've also had Evri/Hermes and other couriers sand emails saying "handed to customer", when they've been left on doorsteps, in full view of passing footfall, without even ringing the bell or knocking on my door (I'm usually waiting in, reading a book!)

As for Amazon - I like their tracking, except to today it's changed, with no indication at all of likely delivery timeslot, so I had to wait in from early morning until it was delivered early evening!  I've also had Amazon items delivered by Royal Mail  (presumably cheaper/faster for them to do it that way!)