Warning : E Bay Regards 'Delivered To Your Address' As You Receiving It

On 02/12/2023 at 10:56, Chekhov said:

When it comes to E Bay, one thing I have learnt :

98.5% positive feedback is NOT the same as 100%.

98.5% may sound high but it reveals a lot.

Decent E Bay sellers will do almost anything to avoid a negative review, and the E Bay feedback system does its very best to ensure that the seller has a chance to sort out any issue and avoid the negative score. They very much encourage / direct the customer to contact the seller and sort it out, I may be wrong, but they may even give the seller a chance to put it right after the negative score, (TBH I can’t remember), so if the seller still does not rectify the situation that says so much…
So, if 1.5% (that’s 1 in 66) of a seller’s customers are so ****ed off with him they still put a negative score on, that’s actually quite a lot.

When we did E Bay sales we had a 100% positive rating, not 98.5%. And there was  reason for that......

The reason you had 100% positive rating was because you were lucky and did not have one awkward buyer to upset the apple cart.  

1 hour ago, Axe said:

The reason you had 100% positive rating was because you were lucky and did not have one awkward buyer to upset the apple cart.  

No it isn't that.

It's mainly about attitude to one's customers

I have been in the mail order business for nearly 20 years.  All our Trustpilot reviews are 5 stars, and almost all of the (genuine) Google reviews are 5 stars, one or two aren't 5 stars, they're "only" 4 stars for some reason. Not sure why, I think some people just never give 5 stars !

That Birmingham, based blinds seller has the wrong attitude completely. Basically he should never have sent an £82 order unsigned for and certainly not unsigned for by Evri. But, if he did, he should have taken ownership of his poor decision and sorted it out quickly and efficiently rather than leaving me to carry the can for his poor service. He does not deserve to be in business and I hope he goes bust.

19 minutes ago, Chekhov said:

No it isn't that.

It's mainly about attitude to one's customers

I have been in the mail order business for nearly 20 years.  All our Trustpilot reviews are 5 stars, and almost all of the (genuine) Google reviews are 5 stars, one or two aren't 5 stars, they're "only" 4 stars for some reason. Not sure why, I think some people just never give 5 stars !

That Birmingham, based blinds seller has the wrong attitude completely. Basically he should never have sent an £82 order unsigned for and certainly not unsigned for by Evri. But, if he did, he should have taken ownership of his poor decision and sorted it out quickly and efficiently rather than leaving me to carry the can for his poor service. He does not deserve to be in business and I hope he goes bust.

You are being too touchy. I am just pointing out one bad dishonest buyer can cause a honest good seller problems by posting false feedback. 

13 hours ago, Axe said:

You are being too touchy. I am just pointing out one bad dishonest buyer can cause a honest good seller problems by posting false feedback. 

That's true.

It would be interesting to note if E Bay monitor buyers to see if the odd one regularly puts loads of negative feedback on, because that would tell its own story (about the buyer I mean).

10 hours ago, Chekhov said:

That's true.

It would be interesting to note if E Bay monitor buyers to see if the odd one regularly puts loads of negative feedback on, because that would tell its own story (about the buyer I mean).

I believe Amazon have a policy of banning buyers who make too many returns.  My own personal view is anyone buying online is taking a risk and if they are going to complain then they should used bricks and mortar establishments instead.

11 hours ago, Prettytom said:

I find it strange that a man who thinks that kids should show personal responsibility and not kill themselves by falling down holes, also thinks that he doesn’t have any responsibility when receiving a parcel that he ordered.

This takes the biscuit for the most ridiculous post you have ever made, and that is most assuredly saying something.....

How, pray, is this my responsibility ?

Quite apart from anything, though the seller would have no case or avoiding responsibility anyway (and I've been in the mail order business for nearly 20 years....), he stated on his E Bay item that it would be delivered by RM, he actually used Evri, and, even worse, Evri UNsigned for. For an order worth £82....

In my view it is mostly the seller's fault, with significant "help" from the Evri driver.

The one person whose fault it most assuredly is not, is mine.

Edited by Chekhov

14 hours ago, Axe said:

I believe Amazon have a policy of banning buyers who make too many returns.  My own personal view is anyone buying online is taking a risk and if they are going to complain then they should used bricks and mortar establishments instead.

In theory it should not be a risk buying online as pretty much all the "rights" are with the buyer, in fact some are actually too much in favour of the buyer in my view !

However, possession being 9/10 of the law, those rights may not be much use if dealing with a seller who is not bothered about providing decent customer service, or having bad feedback or a damaged reputation.

What has surprised me here is that E Bay are not prepared to get involved as it is in their interest to generate confidence in people using their "shopfront". Their "money back guarantee" is not all it appears to be....