Warning : E Bay Regards 'Delivered To Your Address' As You Receiving It

Well, well, well.....

We seem to be making progress.

I ended up speaking to an E Bay manager at their customer services (they do ring you back pretty quick actually) and she assured me that Evri would give me an admission of non [safe] delivery, "I see dozens every day".

However the method she advised (using their webchat) did not work :

Evri's webchat (Gawd I hate them...) just kept going round in a circle repeatedly showing the picture of it in the (unlocked glass....) porch then not giving me the option to ask any more questions, except to re-enter the loop....I then tried phoning them, never got through to a human being, the system just kept repeating the same message that the item has been delivered.

I gave up, then, in desperation, a helpful guy off the E Bay Community suggested I write to the MD's support team ( Martijn.DeLange at evri dot com or try myhermes at mailgb.custhelp.com ). As proof I sent a pic of the front of my shop, right on the main road with with the bus stop right next to it and within 24 hours I got my E Mail admitting it had been left in an unsafe place :

I would like to confirm this parcel has been left in unsafe location on 18/11/23. Unfortunately due to poor delivery I must deem this parcel unaccounted for. Please assist customer further with required compensation.

So I uploaded  screen shot of that to the link I'd been given by E Bay customer services and we'll see if I get a "manual refund". I am told it has o be a manual refund because E Bay will not reopen a case once it's been appealed and lost.

I still blame the seller, I should never have had to go through all this. Discounting the fact he should never have sent an £82 order (which he was not prepared to cover the loss of) unsigned for, once the problem occurred he should have asked for the proof it was left in an unsafe place (the above mentioned photo) and he should have sorted it out himself.

Edited by Chekhov

More on this, one of the helpful chaps on the E Bay buyer's forum stated :

You have far greater rights dealing with a business seller as they have to ensure that you receive the parcel (not just to have it posted like a private seller) and its their responsibility to ensure this happens.

the seller's performance [appears not to have been] fitting the Business Seller registration and their mandatory requirements.

ARGHHHHHHHHH ! ! !

E Bay “customer service” have now got back to me saying my screenshot of the Evri E Mail is insufficient and they want an official pdf document.
What angers me so much about all this is the seller, the one I blame for this, will get off scot free.

In fact another helpful bod on the E Bay buyer’s forum said if my bank does charge E Bay back it will not be the seller who will lose out but E Bay, and even worse my negative feedback of the seller will be removed. And that is the only “penalty” he has paid for all this.

Finally E Bay have refunded me.
All the stress and hassle has been no where near worth it for £82, but it was for the principle more than anything.

The final kick in the teeth is that, as far as I am aware, the seller (who I blame for all this) has not lost any money at all. It’s E Bay themselves who have paid out, though even they might have got compensated by Evri.

At least my bad feedback will remain on his account....

1 hour ago, Chekhov said:

Finally E Bay have refunded me.
All the stress and hassle has been no where near worth it for £82, but it was for the principle more than anything.

The final kick in the teeth is that, as far as I am aware, the seller (who I blame for all this) has not lost any money at all. It’s E Bay themselves who have paid out, though even they might have got compensated by Evri.

At least my bad feedback will remain on his account....

I'm sure that if you're refunded through Ebay, they then recoup it back from the seller.

19 hours ago, francypants said:

I'm sure that if you're refunded through Ebay, they then recoup it back from the seller.

Hopefully, but helpful bods on the E Bay community forum insist that the seller was operating under E Bay's rules, i.e. that any item under £450 can be sent out unsigned for and only needs proof of delivery (then if anything goes wrong it is down to the customer to sort it out). Thus, they state, the seller will be covered by E Bay's "Seller Money Back Guarantee".