Has Anyone Had Their Grit Bin Removed (Or Not Filled Any More) ?

Chekhov

26 minutes ago, Jack Grey said:

How much road could you grit from a bin?

I thought it was obvious what it was for 

Grit bins are for roads and footpaths, not domestic use. You can buy rock salt for that.

You can grit plenty from a bin. It doesn’t need a lot of it to get results.

This page on the council website has details on grit bin locations and relocations and a link to the form to request a refill.

2 minutes ago, Planner1 said:

Grit bins are for roads and footpaths, not domestic use. You can buy rock salt for that.

This page on the council website has details on grit bin locations and relocations and a link to the form to request a refill.

Fair enough 👍

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Planner1 said:

Indeed (my bold)

2 hours ago, zach said:

Thinking about it, I've not seen one for years.

I've not seen any grit trucks either (This year) It always amazes me how the council never do any non-main roads. You know, the roads where all those council tax payers live! The council tax payers have to get off the side/estate roads, to get to the main roads. Maybe too much forward thinking for SCC!

Saw one or two late on Sat. night, perhaps they work mainly through the night? They did the steep roads on the estate where I live.

1 minute ago, carosio said:

Saw one or two late on Sat. night, perhaps they work mainly through the night? They did the steep roads on the estate where I live.

I don't doubt they have been out. I can't say I've ever seen them on estate roads, and I've lived on some quite steep roads in the past.

Someone mentioned earlier about the cost of doing more estate roads, and I can understand the cost would be huge. Why can't the criminals on community service be brought in? Bit of payback to society with a push along salt spreader. Nice and cold and a bit of hard graft!

Bit of a pipe dream, but you never know.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, zach said:

Agreed, people did abuse what they were for, but not everyone. I'd like to see where it says "Grit bins are for doorsteps and pathways" I've not seen that stated anywhere.

Moaning and stating the obvious aren't the same. Remember, a forum is a place of opinion and discussion.

Did I mention councillors or their pay? Or is this more assumptious rubbish we usually get on this forum!

Neat deflection. Which meetings then?