Has Anyone Had Their Grit Bin Removed (Or Not Filled Any More) ?

Chekhov

5 hours ago, Chekhov said:

It is particularly unforgivable if that side road is on a hill.

In the area of Oughtibridge where we live the gritting lorry does not do the bottom 100 yards of Bedford Rd, which is a steep hill. That then means (in any significant snow) about 25 houses (most on side streets off the bottom of Bedford Rd) cannot get their cars out. How long would it take for the gritting truck (which is here anyway) to grit that short section ? A couple of minutes (so 25 houses can get their vehicles out) ?

Except they don't see my post above.... 

Am I guessing you don't live on a hill ? ! 

It's pretty stressful where we live, if there's any significant snow you never know if you'll be  able to get out the following morning.

>>Grit bins are for doorsteps and pathways....not roads<<

You're wrong JG, and in this I do not agree with you.

That same situation will be all over the city, all over the country. Gritting wagons could turn off any of the routes they do, to do a bit they don't do, no doubt meaning those people can get out.

The road you mentioned is a dead end and looks steep, or looks it on Google Streetview, maybe thats why they don't go down, might get stuck?

Just now, Jack Grey said:

Maybe they should get the illegal migrants and asylum seekers to grit the roads

Give them a shovel so they can earn their keep

Hotels aren't cheap you know 

TBH JG, I think they'd be only too pleased to if it meant they could stay here, unlike many of the lazy "British" benefit scroungers we have living here already.....

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Chekhov said:

Write to your councillor. If they are anything like Julie Grocutt (my councillor, and, since the pandemic, I'm not even a Labour voter) they'll give you an answer.

Is it hilly ?

We could do with three within 150m where we live.....

Lucky you.

"Is it hilly ? " ,its in Sheffield 😀 . The estate is like one big cul de sac .

1 minute ago, Bargepole23 said:

That same situation will be all over the city, all over the country. Gritting wagons could turn off any of the routes they do, to do a bit they don't do, no doubt meaning those people can get out.

The road you mentioned is a dead end and looks steep, or looks it on Google Streetview, maybe thats why they don't go down, might get stuck?

If they backed down it the grit would be on the road  to stop them sliding down and for them to come back up !

Just now, Chekhov said:

If they backed down it the grit would be on the road  to stop them sliding down and for them to come back up !

True, but backing down all the way round to grit outside every house would take more than a few minutes. 

But still, why do that road and not do the other roads they drive past?