Has Anyone Had Their Grit Bin Removed (Or Not Filled Any More) ?

Chekhov

7 minutes ago, RollingJ said:

If they are going into storage, I would expect them to be emptied?

Not sure why? Anyhow, without trawling back through the thread, are we suggesting that it would be time and money well spent for SCC to put out the grit bins at the start of winter, fill them, and then collect them, empty them and store them at the end of winter?

If so, what for?

2 minutes ago, Bargepole23 said:

Not sure why? Anyhow, without trawling back through the thread, are we suggesting that it would be time and money well spent for SCC to put out the grit bins at the start of winter, fill them, and then collect them, empty them and store them at the end of winter?

If so, what for?

Well, they do remove some of them after the winter period - the nearest one to me, on the road above, for instance.

10 minutes ago, Irene Swaine said:

It's selfish how car drivers use all of the salt to get their car out, leaving none for pedestrians and also create huge mounds of snow on the pavement, making it difficult for pedestrians to walk along the pavement. The selfishness of car drivers never ceases to amaze me.

Buy a car 

• Haha 1