Whats Up With These People.

1 minute ago, trastrick said:

It's no coincidence that a lot of the perpetrators of hate crime, mass shootings and religious fanaticism, start by frequenting social media.

Makes one shudder to think that if ever some of the hate and personal insults posted here inspired some nutcase to do something concrete about it.

Well I've been tempted a few times to organise a Sheffield Forum charity boxing match so we can meet up and go three rounds in the ring

That would separate the men from the little boys

And it's for charity 👍

Edited by Jack Grey
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Magilla said:

Notable for it's exclusivity.

Over the last 10 years:

75% of all domestic terror attacks in the US were perptrated by right wing extremists, 20% by Islamists, 4% by "lefties" and 1% "other".

20% commited by Islamists. Yet only 1.1% of Muslims live in America.

That's quite a lot wouldn't you think?

1 hour ago, Jack Grey said:

Well I've been tempted a few times to organise a Sheffield Forum charity boxing match so we can meet up and go three rounds in the ring

That would separate the men from the little boys

And it's for charity 👍

Nothing like an international athletic event to take the world's mind off wars and destruction. Olympics was good, before it got bogged down in politics.

Even Sheffielders managed to put their differences aside when they proudly hosted some Student Games, 30 years ago!

Detente and international trade, cultural and sporting events kept the world at relative peace for 70 years or so.

It's still the only hope for international peace in the long run.

Trying to isolate and  paint your adversaries into a corner won't work. You know what they say about cornered rats. Especially if they outnumber you!

18 minutes ago, trastrick said:

Makes one shudder to think that if ever some of the hate and personal insults posted here inspired some nutcase to do something concrete about it.

Aye, given the veracity of your posts, and shear size of the insult count within them... most of it from you! :? 🤣

2 minutes ago, Al Bundy said:

I can tell you that when you live in America you have to become part of it

Their national identity is everywhere and you feel proud and welcomed to assimilate

It's not like the UK where British citizens are being told they have to change to be more welcoming 

In the USA they think it's insane when I tell them what's happening in the UK 

They know it's an invasion and our country and culture is being destroyed  

11 minutes ago, Al Bundy said:

I wouldn't know, I don't know how many right wing extremists there are in America...

...but a quick Google appears to say it's around 6%.

So, no, it does not appear to be a lot %-age wise.

Good to see the desperate whataboutery, while completely ignoring the facts at hand... remains undiminished 🤣

Edited by Magilla

2 minutes ago, Magilla said:

I wouldn't know, I don't know how many right wing extremists there are in America...

So if America has it's own extremists then why risk letting more in

Surely the sensible thing is to sort your own problems before allowing more to come in 

10 minutes ago, Jack Grey said:

So if America has it's own extremists then why risk letting more in

These are American citizens... they're already "in".

10 minutes ago, Jack Grey said:

Surely the sensible thing is to sort your own problems before allowing more to come in 

According to that bastion of the left... the libertarian Cato Institute, with regard to immigration in Texas:

https://www.cato.org/blog/new-research-illegal-immigration-crime-0

In 2018, the illegal immigrant criminal conviction rate was 782 per 100,000 illegal immigrants, 535 per 100,000 legal immigrants, and 1,422 per 100,000 native‐born Americans.

In the US, an immigrant is statistically way more likely to be law abiding than native born!

Just coincidence... or is it that immigrants in Texas just happen to be the most law‐abiding immigrant population in the country? :suspect:

Edited by Magilla

13 minutes ago, Magilla said:

Good to see the desperate whataboutery, while completely ignoring the facts at hand... remains undiminished 🤣

I gathered.

That's why I am educating you.

👍

• Haha 1