Whats Up With These People.

1 hour ago, RJRB said:

@trastrickOf course you are welcome to post your views,but to dismiss those that you disagree with on the grounds of Lefty leanings or anonymity is hardly a debate.

To agree with some point of another poster which you do yourself on occasion then merits the clapping seal reference.

So views can be exchanged without descending into trite digs 

I am sure there are some dual personalities on here ,but if you stick to the content rather than the poster what the hell.

I think that OG is remarkably steadfast in his core beliefs but there you go.

Most of views on today's world crises, economic and political tend to fall into two broad categories, the one on the left, and the one on the right.

As I am unabashedly right of the current center, I have no problem with folks referring to me or my views as right wing on economics and politics, but my social views are libertarian, even described as liberal in the classic sense of the word.

I have not changed but the labels have been changed and nailed up on the wall of today's society. I am accused of being  a far right propagandist, parroting the extreme views of fringe groups I've never come across in my life, anti vaxxers, oath keepers, kkk, white supremacists and the rest. 🙂

Conservative/libertarian is how I'd describe my political and social views.

Bur I don't find the term right winger applied to me objectionable.

No more a pejorative than calling someone a left winger, or left/lib.

As for anonymity, that's a personal choice, but I don't assign much credibility to their views, any more than I would their furtive scratchings on a newly painted public toilet wall, and I've always advised my young to do the same!

To me it's just graffiti, but not as artful!

Edited by trastrick

• 4 weeks later...
On 06/12/2023 at 13:52, trastrick said:

Most of views on today's world crises, economic and political tend to fall into two broad categories, the one on the left, and the one on the right.

As I am unabashedly right of the current center, I have no problem with folks referring to me or my views as right wing on economics and politics, but my social views are libertarian, even described as liberal in the classic sense of the word.

I have not changed but the labels have been changed and nailed up on the wall of today's society. I am accused of being  a far right propagandist, parroting the extreme views of fringe groups I've never come across in my life, anti vaxxers, oath keepers, kkk, white supremacists and the rest. 🙂

Conservative/libertarian is how I'd describe my political and social views.

Bur I don't find the term right winger applied to me objectionable.

No more a pejorative than calling someone a left winger, or left/lib.

As for anonymity, that's a personal choice, but I don't assign much credibility to their views, any more than I would their furtive scratchings on a newly painted public toilet wall, and I've always advised my young to do the same!

To me it's just graffiti, but not as artful!

What’s all that about? I’ve never met anyone who’s “social views are libertarian”.