Whats Up With These People.

9 hours ago, El Cid said:

I agree, he must be mentally unstable if he believes in a God that supports terrorism and murder. We once had the Crusades, but we have now educated people to a better level.

We no longer in "miracle of the five loaves and two fish" or that God created mankind 6,000 years ago.

Its about time the Government stopped supporting religion and letting them run schools. We need to fund education properly.

It's about time Bishops were removed from the House of Lords.  As far as I know there's 26 of them, all Code, so they're not even representive of the country. 

12 hours ago, m williamson said:

I was raised religiously but don't believe in any religion dreamt up by the limited imagination of humanity. I'm not an atheist which is another belief in something that can't be proved. I'm agnostic, I simply accept the fact that I don't know.

I have seen religion provide comfort in times of heartbreak and have regretted that I simply can't believe. But I wouldn't deny the consolation to those who do.

Let folks find comfort in their gods. The trouble starts when they get to run the country.

I've seen alcohol and drugs provide comfort in times of need. But we don't want religions who believe in ghosts running countries, anymore than drunks and drug addicts.

2 hours ago, trastrick said:

Let folks find comfort in their gods. The trouble starts when they get to run the country.

I've seen alcohol and drugs provide comfort in times of need. But we don't want religions who believe in ghosts running countries, anymore than drunks and drug addicts.

Faith is sometimes all people have to sustain them. Religion on the other hand is just another power trip for men. 

Edited by Anna B

2 hours ago, trastrick said:

But we don't want religions who believe in ghosts running countries, anymore than drunks and drug addicts.

Thank you Mr. Speaker. But You speak for Yourself. 

And, of course, religion isn't based on beliefs of ghosts. That's a very narrow minded childish view which I expect of children. 

However, even you can't escape it with Catholicsism being the State Religion. 

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Religion_in_the_Dominican_Republic

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, Axe said:

If there was only Christianity based religions then the World would be a more peaceful better place.

Really, so how do you explain that in 2022 every mass shooting and extremist-related murder event in the US, was committed by right-wing extremists?