Swfc January In's And Out's. Rumours, Loans,Transfers.

KP Nuts 2

it aint easy to buy in jan to many well you can only buy him , if we buy him ect ,unlike the summer,when the choice is bigger ,but i do hope we can make changes and stay up ,otherwise a big re-build come summer  and hope we can keep this set up.

On 19/01/2024 at 21:38, cuttsie said:

Well we paid for our rust bucket , yore lot pinched our old ground , Makes the post office scandal look like chicken feed that does . There should be  F A inquiry .   

Only just opened this thread on the last page and seen this. How any times daft lad? How many times are you going to repeat nonsense when it's been explained to you on more than one occasion that The Lane never belonged to The Wednesday?

First ever derby game between the two clubs was a friendly played on the 15th of December 1890. The match was played at The Wednesdays home ground of Olive Grove. Attendance 10,000.  Result 2-1 to the Home team.

https://www.examinerlive.co.uk/sport/football/news/day-sheffield-united-fall-defeat-22465729

Return match played on the 12th of January 1891.  The match was played at United's home ground of Bramall Lane, Attendance 15,000.  Result 3-2 to the Home team.

There was a further friendly played at Wednesdays Olive Grove ground on the 17th of October 1892. Attendance 1,500. Result 1-1 draw

The Wednesday hired the Lane on occasions when they had a game which needed greater capacity but it was never their ground.

The Wednesday then decided to leave the City of Sheffield and continued to be known as The Wednesday until 1929 when the city boundary had expanded to include Hillsborough and they finally decided to include the city name in their title. 

That was Forty years after the city's one and only true and faithful professional Sheffield club. Dem Blades, Nonpareil, Semper Fidelis the oldest United in existence.

https://www.myfootballfacts.com/trivia/which-was-the-first-football-club-in-the-world-to-have-united-in-its-name/

6 minutes ago, m williamson said:

Only just opened this thread on the last page and seen this. How any times daft lad? How many times are you going to repeat nonsense when it's been explained to you on more than one occasion that The Lane never belonged to The Wednesday?

First ever derby game between the two clubs was a friendly played on the 15th of December 1890. The match was played at The Wednesdays home ground of Olive Grove. Attendance 10,000.  Result 2-1 to the Home team.

https://www.examinerlive.co.uk/sport/football/news/day-sheffield-united-fall-defeat-22465729

Return match played on the 12th of January 1891.  The match was played at United's home ground of Bramall Lane, Attendance 15,000.  Result 3-2 to the Home team.

There was a further friendly played at Wednesdays Olive Grove ground on the 17th of October 1892. Attendance 1,500. Result 1-1 draw

The Wednesday hired the Lane on occasions when they had a game which needed greater capacity but it was never their ground.

The Wednesday then decided to leave the City of Sheffield and continued to be known as The Wednesday until 1929 when the city boundary had expanded to include Hillsborough and they finally decided to include the city name in their title. 

That was Forty years after the city's one and only true and faithful professional Sheffield club. Dem Blades, Nonpareil, Semper Fidelis the oldest United in existence.

https://www.myfootballfacts.com/trivia/which-was-the-first-football-club-in-the-world-to-have-united-in-its-name/

Be careful he'll come back making false accusations against you and telling you how humble he is and when everyone apart from the village idiot tells him he's wrong he ignores them.

Never been humble.

38 minutes ago, Alextopman said:

Be careful he'll come back making false accusations against you and telling you how humble he is and when everyone apart from the village idiot tells him he's wrong he ignores them.

Never been humble.

In fairness it's hard for him and a few more on here to be humble. After all.........

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, KP Nuts 2 said:

😂😂😂

Mind telling us what you two find funny?   Unlike the Jekyll and Hyde duo that is NutsRonson I don't make a habit of opening every thread that concerns a club I don't support.

I was responding to a comment that was four days old so I explained that I'd only just seen it, what's amusing about that? Did both of you find it funny or did you have an internal disagreement over the matter?

Obviously, going on frequency of posting KP is the dominant part of the psyche so poor old Ronson tends to miss out.  He must be getting concerned, look what happened to poor old Kelvin.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

31 minutes ago, m williamson said:

Mind telling us what you two find funny?   Unlike the Jekyll and Hyde duo that is NutsRonson I don't make a habit of opening every thread that concerns a club I don't support.

I was responding to a comment that was four days old so I explained that I'd only just seen it, what's amusing about that? Did both of you find it funny or did you have an internal disagreement over the matter?

Obviously, going on frequency of posting KP is the dominant part of the psyche so poor old Ronson tends to miss out.  He must be getting concerned, look what happened to poor old Kelvin.

I was just laughing at the chances of you just hitting on the right page Pops and the need for you to explain that, that was the case, just in case anyone was thinking you were avidly following the topic.

Coincidences eh. 😂😂😂

Now where did I put my little black book of things that never happened, I need to update it. 😂😂😂

6 hours ago, bassett one said:

it aint easy to buy in jan to many well you can only buy him , if we buy him ect ,unlike the summer,when the choice is bigger ,but i do hope we can make changes and stay up ,otherwise a big re-build come summer  and hope we can keep this set up.

Have a look at how the owner at Huddersfield Town realises the situation their in & what he’s doing about it …they don’t seem to be finding it difficult to buy in January…..& then compare him to the clown who owns Wednesday….

Look at what the owner at Ipswich Town did last January….& compare him to our beloved owner….cost us automatic promotion in the end …

It’ll all end in tears unless Chansiri backs the manager ….

Edited by Sheridan1-0
  • Like 1