Immigration Numbers?

3 minutes ago, RJRB said:

Great idea .

Best close all centralised control areas .

Who said anything about closing anything?

Just patrol where the migrants are launching from. It's common sense.

3 minutes ago, altus said:

They don't all launch from the same 100m section of beach. A quick look at a map shows there's about 50km of coastline they could launch from.

Hmmmm, if only the police had access to radios, drones, helicopters, vans and cars they could search large areas quickly and go to where they are needed as and when it's necessary. 

3 minutes ago, The_DADDY said:

Hmmmm, if only the police had access to radios, drones, helicopters, vans and cars they could search large areas quickly and go to where they are needed as and when it's necessary.

You think the migrants intending to travel on a single boat are going to all head to the coast as a single large group? People wandering round in threes or fours happening to coalesce just as someone arrives with the inflatable boat and they set off isn't that easy to monitor in advance.

2 minutes ago, altus said:

You think the migrants intending to travel on a single boat are going to all head to the coast as a single large group? People wandering round in threes or fours happening to coalesce just as someone arrives with the inflatable boat and they set off isn't that easy to monitor in advance.

Yes, if only the police had access to boats or if france had a navy or a coastguard. What a game changer that could be. 

4 hours ago, cuttsie said:

The  latest deaths just of the beaches of France where spotted by the French police who tried to help .

The question should be why did those police not stop them going to sea in the first place , It stinks .

Which do you think is the biggest deterrent to trying to get here in a dinghy, death or a few hundred being deported to Rwanda?

1 hour ago, hackey lad said:

??? Its been on all the news channels . 

It was my first result on Google!

1 hour ago, The_DADDY said:

Yes, if only the police had access to boats or if france had a navy or a coastguard. What a game changer that could be. 

Have you ever been on a boat on anything rougher than a reservoir? The RNLI can have trouble spotting people who have reported their location and are trying to attract their attention in the dark with a heavy swell. Those on small inflatables trying to sneak past authorities' vessels are going to be much harder to spot.

1 hour ago, The_DADDY said:

Not aware of any law that says it's illegal to leave France (unless of course you are wanted by the French Authorities).

8 minutes ago, altus said:

Have you ever been on a boat on anything rougher than a reservoir? The RNLI can have trouble spotting people who have reported their location and are trying to attract their attention in the dark with a heavy swell. Those on small inflatables trying to sneak past authorities' vessels are going to be much harder to spot.

My bold

Yes. Many times.

Underlined 

Which Is why I mentioned all the assets the French authorities no doubt have access to should they wish to make a determined effort to stop the illegal migrants and people smugglers.

Italics

Yes, they very probably are. 

That's why the use of drones and helicopters equipped with thermal imaging technology along with Navy and coastguard vessels equipped with the same would prove so useful. 

Do we know if thermal image cameras are available in France? 

11 minutes ago, Longcol said:

Not aware of any law that says it's illegal to leave France (unless of course you are wanted by the French Authorities).

🤣 

That's poor, even for you. Gave me a chuckle though so cheers 🍻 

1 minute ago, The_DADDY said:

🤣

That's poor, even for you. Gave me a chuckle though so cheers 🍻 

So why would French Authorities want to stop people leaving the country and what laws are there in place to enforce it?

Just now, Longcol said:

So why would French Authorities want to stop people leaving the country and what laws are there in place to enforce it?

I was under the impression they got millions of £ from our government to do just that.

Happy to be corrected if I'm wrong.

3 hours ago, The_DADDY said:

How are so many still making the journey if as you say the ports are swarming with police?

Because it is a huge coastline, which is impossible to police completely.

Go and look for yourself. There’s a train every 30 minutes.