Immigration Numbers?

2 hours ago, Axe said:

Too many families are too selfish and too lazy which is why there is a problem regarding social care.  Families should look after their own and not rely on social care.  It is a disgrace that immigration is supported to justify British born people not pulling their own weight in sectors such as social care and agriculture. 

Once again,  you are judging people who you don't know,  who's state of health you don't know,  and whose circumstances you don't know.      How do you know that they are  "too selfish and too lazy" ?

You seem to be quite happy for pay for able bodied royals to be looked after and waited upon hand and foot.   If we can care for them,  because they're lazy,   then we can care for ordinary people.

1 minute ago, Organgrinder said:

Once again,  you are judging people who you don't know,  who's state of health you don't know,  and whose circumstances you don't know.      How do you know that they are  "too selfish and too lazy" ?

You seem to be quite happy for pay for able bodied royals to be looked after and waited upon hand and foot.   If we can care for them,  because they're lazy,   then we can care for ordinary people.

Wrong thread . Back on topic please 

4 minutes ago, hackey lad said:

That’s what I was trying to get at.

We don't know. Some people don't know their rights, don't know how to raise an official complaint and are fearful of the consequences if they do complain. And care home bosses are hardly likely to wave their hands as if to say "we are breaking the law by paying hard working people less than what they should get legally".

2 minutes ago, Mister M said:

We don't know. Some people don't know their rights, don't know how to raise an official complaint and are fearful of the consequences if they do complain. And care home bosses are hardly likely to wave their hands as if to say "we are breaking the law by paying hard working people less than what they should get legally".

“We don’t know “ . That’s why I asked if there was any proof.

3 minutes ago, hackey lad said:

“We don’t know “ . That’s why I asked if there was any proof.

We know it's happening, as evidenced by the Guardian article. It's the extent that we don't know. Civil servants using some formula which I don't understand seem to think that about 350,000 people in the UK were not been paid the NMW in 2022

2 minutes ago, Mister M said:

We know it's happening, as evidenced by the Guardian article. It's the extent that we don't know. Civil servants using some formula which I don't understand seem to think that about 350,000 people in the UK were not been paid the NMW in 2022

Yes in the article it states a person who was underpaid but paid in full months later .

Sports Direct were accused of underpaying but when it was sorted out thousands of people received back pay , even those who had left .

4 minutes ago, hackey lad said:

Yes in the article it states a person who was underpaid but paid in full months later .

Sports Direct were accused of underpaying but when it was sorted out thousands of people received back pay , even those who had left .

I wonder if the publicity had anything to do with the workers being paid correctly?