Immigration Numbers?

13 hours ago, Axe said:

It is a disgrace that immigration is supported to justify British born people not pulling their own weight in sectors such as social care and agriculture. 

Agreed.

4 minutes ago, Mister M said:

Yes, the next time when I hear something I don't like the sound of I'm going to stick my fingers in my years and go "la la la la la" :rolleyes:

My favourite Teletubby

Edited by cressida
  • Haha 1

39 minutes ago, Chekhov said:

This has probably already been mentioned, but there are reasons why the current immigration levels are so high.

1 - Ukraine (and I agree with letting them in, in fact any sort of support we give them)

2 - Hong Kong (I also agree with letting them in after China has reneged on its promises to people who were our responsibility)

Question how can letting thousands of hard working Hong Kongers in fail to make us all richer ?

Adult immigrants are ready to work and contribute, but what is your limit, 300,000/600,000/900,000/1,200,000/1,500,000?

If house prices were expected to crash, adding more to the demand side would stop that! High house prices is good for the rich and bad for the poor.

Same old Tories!

2 minutes ago, El Cid said:

Adult immigrants are ready to work and contribute, but what is your limit, 300,000/600,000/900,000/1,200,000/1,500,000?

If house prices were expected to crash, adding more to the demand side would stop that! High house prices is good for the rich and bad for the poor.

Same old Tories!

I propose  a swap shop.

We'll have all those hard working immigrants in a swap deal for all our lazy benefit scroungers.......

Just out of interest :

Population density of the UK = 280 per Km2

Population density of Belgium = 376 per km2

Of even more interest

Population density of New Zealand =20 per Km2

Yet, when me and my wife last went to NZ on holiday I had more hassle from NZ's passport officers at Auckland airport than any other country I have ever visited. When she got the impression I was a bit irritated with all her questions she replied, with a bit of a tone in her voice, "I'm just protecting our borders sir". From what exactly I should have said, but decided it was better not to ask....

2 hours ago, Al Bundy said:

I don't believe that at all. Just scaremongering bull. That baby in a toilet is story is laughable.

If folk don't like working there and it's that bad, they would just leave. 

Unions just embellishing situations as per usual.

Sports direct along with Amazon should be congratulated for employing thousands of people.

:thumbsup:

57 minutes ago, Mister M said:

Yes, the next time when I hear something I don't like the sound of I'm going to stick my fingers in my years and go "la la la la la" :rolleyes:

:rolleyes:

1 hour ago, hackey lad said:

:thumbsup:

:rolleyes:

Health & Safety - A total of 110 ambulances or paramedic cars were dispatched to the Shirebrook warehouse’s postcode between 1 January 2013 and 19 April 2016 with 50 cases classified as “life-threatening”, including chest pain, breathing problems, convulsions, fitting and strokes, and five calls from women suffering pregnancy difficulties, including one woman who gave birth in the toilet in the warehouse.

There were 115 incidents from 1 January 2010 to 19 April 2016, including an amputation of a finger, a fractured neck, a crushed hand, and hand, wrist, back and head injuries.

Twelve of the incidents were listed as “major” injuries, with 79 injuries leading to absences from work of over seven days.

Those are verifiable facts as evidenced by the NHS and the HSE. 

There is other documentary evidence regarding shocking conditions at the warehouse - so why would people want to deny such evidence?

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Chekhov said:

I propose  a swap shop.

We'll have all those hard working immigrants in a swap deal for all our lazy benefit scroungers.......

Just out of interest :

Population density of the UK = 280 per Km2

Population density of Belgium = 376 per km2

Population density of New Zealand =20 per Km2

Developers struggle to get planning permission and most people are happy to keep the green spaces we have. 

6 hours ago, Mister M said:

Health & Safety - A total of 110 ambulances or paramedic cars were dispatched to the Shirebrook warehouse’s postcode between 1 January 2013 and 19 April 2016 with 50 cases classified as “life-threatening”, including chest pain, breathing problems, convulsions, fitting and strokes, and five calls from women suffering pregnancy difficulties, including one woman who gave birth in the toilet in the warehouse.

There were 115 incidents from 1 January 2010 to 19 April 2016, including an amputation of a finger, a fractured neck, a crushed hand, and hand, wrist, back and head injuries.

Twelve of the incidents were listed as “major” injuries, with 79 injuries leading to absences from work of over seven days.

Those are verifiable facts as evidenced by the NHS and the HSE. 

There is other documentary evidence regarding shocking conditions at the warehouse - so why would people want to deny such evidence?

I could debate a lot of that with you but I won't . Your mind is made up . I personally know two people who have worked there for years and would laugh if I showed them that .

27 minutes ago, hackey lad said:

I could debate a lot of that with you but I won't . Your mind is made up . I personally know two people who have worked there for years and would laugh if I showed them that .

It's only made up because the evidence, which I've presented, is conclusive.

Edited by Mister M

1 minute ago, Mister M said:

It's only made up because the evidence, which I've presented, is conclusive.

Yes it is but why were the Ambulances called in the first place , who called them , how did the injuries happen  , how many of the life threatening events resulted in death , how many of the Ambulance calls were for minor things ?

And thats without the other things you posted and only know from what you've read . At that time Ashley was looked upon badly by many because he was a successful business man employing many thousands and still does .