Time For The Uk To Withdraw From The Echr

33 minutes ago, Axe said:

Enough is enough. The ECHR is past its sell buy day.  The ECHR is an obstacle for the government of the day ruling as a sovereign nation.  We got Brexit done and now is the time to withdraw from outdated international agreements which prevent our own government from acting in our own country's interests.

Hi Westy :hihi:

39 minutes ago, Axe said:

Enough is enough. The ECHR is past its sell buy day.  The ECHR is an obstacle for the government of the day ruling as a sovereign nation.  We got Brexit done and now is the time to withdraw from outdated international agreements which prevent our own government from acting in our own country's interests.

The ECHR underpins the Good Friday Agreement, the N.I.Protocol, and would almost certainly leave the UK's Withdrawal Agreement in tatters.

Also, leaving would make the UK an international laughing stock.

Will never happen.

Edited by Magilla
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, ECCOnoob said:

Think you need to read about separation of powers and understand exactly what a courts power is.  

No I don't, I can see for myself. And I see a legislature that is increasingly becoming more and more political. That needs a good overhaul as well.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Magilla said:

The ECHR underpins the Good Friday Agreement, the N.I.Protocol, and would almost certainly leave the UK's Withdrawal Agreement in tatters.

Also, leaving would make the UK an international laughing stock.

Will never happen.

The Good Friday Agreement like the ECHR is also outdated.

The USA,  China and Russia are not part of the ECHR.   How would leaving make the UK a laughing stock when the most powerful countries on earth are not members of the ECHR?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Axe said:

The Good Friday Agreement like the ECHR is also outdated.

The USA,  China and Russia are not part of the ECHR.   How would leaving make the UK a laughing stock when the most powerful countries on earth are not members of the ECHR?

Despite them being some of the most powerful nations it does not mean they treat people / immigrants well. 

2 minutes ago, Delayed said:

Despite them being some of the most powerful nations it does not mean they treat people / immigrants well. 

The USA is the home of immigrants.  The UK has treated immigrants too well which is why it is the number one target for economic migrants who travel through Europe.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Axe said:

No.

• Like 1