The Chinese Buffets in Sheffield thread- all discussion in here please

clogginchris

I went last week out of curiosity. Not overly impressed, nothing major happened to me but a few littel things were annoying.

1. When asked about a drink, I found that the person wasn't allowed to take a drink order!!!???!!

2. Then a qualified individual arrived 5 mins later when I was already eating. I ordered coke, no coke she said, so i went for Sprite.

3. Eventually again an empty glass was plonked on my table and I was told to fill it myself at the machine. Now that I don't mind, I am in a buffet, i can get free top ups. But why, when I am eating, bring me an empty glass? Would it be too much to bring me a full glass. Otherwise why ask me what I want ?!!?!?

Up I got again and got my drink. My already luke warm food, got even colder.

When i used the toilets, I found that the hand driers didn't work and there were no towel alternitives, not very good for a restaurant, especially a buffet type, very unhygenic.

Then whilst I was trying to pay, some guy in front of me asked for a reciept, bet he wished he never had. He rightly asked for one at the beginning of the transaction, the muppet behind the till, ignored this request, then when he was asked again at the end, it was as if he had asked for the square root of 635.95. Others had to be dratfed in to find the reciept button. It was found eventually, but it nicely rounded off my small collection of noticeable annoyances.

Needless to say, I will not be going back there. How difficult can it bee to run a buffet !!! Come on people, get e grip!

Sam

Originally posted by SlinkyMinky

Then whilst I was trying to pay, some guy in front of me asked for a reciept, bet he wished he never had. He rightly asked for one at the beginning of the transaction, the muppet behind the till, ignored this request, then when he was asked again at the end, it was as if he had asked for the square root of 635.95. Others had to be dratfed in to find the reciept button. It was found eventually, but it nicely rounded off my small collection of noticeable annoyances.

They seem to have trouble with the till - when we went, four people had had exactly the same (a meal and a soft drink) and we wanted to pay seperatly. This should have been a simple request but it took three members of staff, two calculators, a sheet of paper and a pencil to work out how much we each owed. Thank goodness we didn't ask for reciepts too :|

I noticed them advertising in the Star - they want people to hold their Christmas parties there. Not likely :help:

Originally posted by Andy

They seem to have trouble with the till - when we went, four people had had exactly the same (a meal and a soft drink) and we wanted to pay seperatly. This should have been a simple request but it took three members of staff, two calculators, a sheet of paper and a pencil to work out how much we each owed. Thank goodness we didn't ask for reciepts too :|

I noticed them advertising in the Star - they want people to hold their Christmas parties there. Not likely :help:

surley if 3 people all had the same meal you could have worked it out yourself........:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: bill divided by 3.......:)

Originally posted by kirky

surley if 3 people all had the same meal you could have worked it out yourself........:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: bill divided by 3.......:)

2 of the people were paying by card ;)

I think some people on here have been overly critical, I went once to check it out on a saturday afternoon. The place is nice and comfortable, the staff friendly, tho alittle unsure of themselves (natural with a new restaurant, staffed most likely by students). The food on offer was varied.

Some of the food was bad, some lacking in taste, but all in all for 4.99 I had a good variety. Its cheaper than a takeaway, perhaps not as good a quality, but more choice.

Originally posted by hotbertaa

I think some people on here have been overly critical, I went once to check it out on a saturday afternoon. The place is nice and comfortable, the staff friendly, tho alittle unsure of themselves (natural with a new restaurant, staffed most likely by students). The food on offer was varied.

Some of the food was bad, some lacking in taste, but all in all for 4.99 I had a good variety. Its cheaper than a takeaway, perhaps not as good a quality, but more choice.

i think what people are trying to say here is, the place makes you think youre going to be getting something that quality because of the appearace and location of the place. becxause its shiny, new and posh, people are expecting food & service that matches the restuarants look.

with that being said youre better off going across the street and getting a pizza at brb.

Archived