The Chinese Buffets in Sheffield thread- all discussion in here please

clogginchris

The secret is not to have much rice - it fills you up!

Here's another secret. You get charged differently for different times, I think it's like from about 7 when they roll out all the duck and nice stuff like that.

If you get yourself seated during off peak you get charged at the lesser rate. Now if you were to get yourself seated say, i dunno, 10 mins before peak kicks in, you can bide a little time mangeing down on some noodles or summats, then tuck in to the fine fare.

Bit cheeky but, hey. It's a cold, dangerous world out there. You've gotta do what you gotta to survive.

Went there last friday.

I thought the food was good. My housemate thought he got food poisoning!

Main point being this:

There is a card on every table saying:

To appease the tax man and VAT man, we can no longer accept cash gratuities for our staff. As such, a 10% gratuity will be automatically added to your bill. Please speak to a member of staff if you wish to have this removed

I gotta say i was very ****** off!

I am usually (i would like to consider) a great tipper. I generally go for 10% for a normal service, however if the service has been outstanding ill go to like, 20%...the only times ill not tip is iff there was any problem with the service or its a self-service place.

I never tip at "Jumbo" the other all you can eat chinese place in town.

I would not normally have tipped that night, as in my eyes, all the person did was show us to a table. We got our own food, we got our own drinks...

Yes, i could have asked for the 10% to be removed from our bill but i just felt so tight...

...Why should i be bullied out of an extra 10% for no extra service...?

I will NOT be going back there again...(neither will my mate for other reasons that i wont go into here)

I agree with u. I usually tip generousley but it winds u up when they add it to the bill automatically. It should be up to u how much u tip depending on what the service/food etc was like. I haven't been there b4 but I think it may put me off now!!

I agree with u. I usually tip generousley but it winds u up when they add it to the bill automatically. It should be up to u how much u tip depending on what the service/food etc was like. I haven't been there b4 but I think it may put me off now!!

Eeuw - and so say all of us!

that's me not going either. :suspect::mad:

Went there last friday.

I thought the food was good. My housemate thought he got food poisoning!

Main point being this:

There is a card on every table saying:

To appease the tax man and VAT man, we can no longer accept cash gratuities for our staff. As such, a 10% gratuity will be automatically added to your bill. Please speak to a member of staff if you wish to have this removed

I gotta say i was very ****** off!

I am usually (i would like to consider) a great tipper. I generally go for 10% for a normal service, however if the service has been outstanding ill go to like, 20%...the only times ill not tip is iff there was any problem with the service or its a self-service place.

I never tip at "Jumbo" the other all you can eat chinese place in town.

I would not normally have tipped that night, as in my eyes, all the person did was show us to a table. We got our own food, we got our own drinks...

Yes, i could have asked for the 10% to be removed from our bill but i just felt so tight...

...Why should i be bullied out of an extra 10% for no extra service...?

I will NOT be going back there again...(neither will my mate for other reasons that i wont go into here)

I agree with you 100%.

Why should you tip, when the staff have done very little but show you to your seat, and take your used crockery away?

You serve yourself, so what sevice, exactly are you paying for?

The food isn't much cop there anyway..

I will be avoiding that place like the plague.

PT

I agree. I live above the place but never tried it until about 2 weeks ago. The food was rubbish and wasnt exactly hot. And that 'optional' tip was the last straw for me.. I knew there was a good reason I always chose nandos at the last minute.

Archived