The Chinese Buffets in Sheffield thread- all discussion in here please

clogginchris

I've gotta say Wokmania recently relaunched with a spanking new menu courtesy of some top chef (she's catered for the King of Thailand and that) and while its not exactly the place to go for a romantic meal, the food's pretty damn tasty and cracking value. The decor, the atmosphere, and the range of food clearly beats Jumbo and No.1 (soooo lame, there's precious little to recommend it.)

While we're on the subject - I'd like to say that Noodle King next to Spar on Eccy Rd is also terrifyingly grim. I mean, who the hell puts chopped seafood sticks in a stir fry? Seriously.

That's it from me. Bye!

Never been to Wokmania but No1 & Jumbo's are bear our office so we all go there for an all-you-can-eat lunch every now & then!

We can never decide which is better - some people prefer one, some people the other.

No.1 has more salad type items

Jumbo's has delicious lemon battered chicken peices... mmm...

Also I prefer the puddings at Jumbos

i like wokmaina best.

No 1 buffet is like being sat in a school hall with the echoy high ceiling.

I agree about the high ceiling and the echo effect, as it makes No 1 Buffet a very noisey place - but the food is superior to that of Wokmania in my opinion. However, I prefer Wokmania, as I do so enjoy watching those capers and antics on the video screens. :hihi:

Not tried Jumbos yet.

Wokmania is probably the best because of the hilarious tv show thats always being shown there. Loads of oriental folk engaging in funny tasks and getting full of mud.

Yeah, they play Toshi's Castle, they used to air it in the states on Spike TV under the name of MXC and they would voice over everything the people would say. If you want an even better laugh have a look on you tube for some clips with the voice overs... You'll laugh even harder.

Personally though, Wokmania's not that bad. After you've had a few drinks anyway you don't really care which buffet you end up at, although it does seem on weekends they'll automatically assume you're gonna have the buffet.

the OP wanted to know if any of the afore mentioned places catered for children, they all do chips, and thats about it for english dishes, wokmania has a chocolate fountain but if the child is very young its not a good idea to let them use it, jumbos have a variety of ice cream and sweets i've been to No.1 only once and would not reccommend it to anyone, its far too noisey

Archived