The Chinese Buffets in Sheffield thread- all discussion in here please

clogginchris

Didn't really make much of it when it happened but last time I went to Jumbo's I was extremely sick. I was supposed to be going out for a drink afterwards and had to call a taxi from the pub because there's no way I'd have been able to walk home (30 mins walk).

Oh, and incidentally, it wasn't due to extreme amounts of beer. I'd only had the one.

It was within an hour of leaving jumbo's which I would have thought would be too soon to make me as ill as I was. I wonder now though:confused:

• 2 months later...

just wondering what you thought and if the food is any good..:)

OH wants to take our son there tomorrow, he is only six but he loves all types of food and would try anything.

he is taking him shopping in town and the to NO.1 for dinner,i just thought id check it out first...:)

cheers xx

just wondering what you thought and if the food is any good..:)

OH wants to take our son there tomorrow, he is only six but he loves all types of food and would try anything.

he is taking him shopping in town and the to NO.1 for dinner,i just thought id check it out first...:)

cheers xx

Hiya,

I have only been to 2 of the buffet things, the Jumbo near T J Hughes and No. 1 and I prefer No.1, probably cuz it's bigger... it can feel like a school dinner hall but I reckon the food is fine, shame when you go on a weekend (or is it just sundays anyone?) and the whippy ice-cream doesn't work but as you are going tomorrow I imagine it will be working if your son enjoys ice-cream for afters. I have always been for the daytime buffets, never the grand buffets which I think run from after about 7pm, not sure about fridays??

Anyway I reckon it's good value for money, and I hope you enjoy yourselves.

T x

Archived