The Chinese Buffets in Sheffield thread- all discussion in here please

clogginchris

try wong ting on the moor where the golden dragon used to be,sunday to thursday £14.95 each and you order what you want and they bring it.tried other buffets in town and this is the best by far,you also get complimentary crispy duck before your main courses come!!

Most Cinese buffets are dogs k*ob!

There is a Thai, Chinese, Indian buffet on Staniforth Rd at Attercliffe called Estikutum that is as near to a restaurant as you can get as opposed to the get em in, get em out buffets in city centre. It's pretty good too!

Check this out

http://www.estikutum.co.uk

Rom

have tried there and it was quite good the problem me and the mrs had was that all the meat in the dishes wasn't boneless and it was a pain sorting all the meat from bone!!!

Well, i guess they all say that the meat is sweeter near the bone.

I have an Indian gf & there family always cook curried with chicken thighs & legs as they absorb the spice better.

I think that the breast meat can be a little dry & it takes time to soak up the spice unless its gonna be marinated & cut finely like in Chicken Tikka.

Well, i guess they all say that the meat is sweeter near the bone.

I have an Indian gf & there family always cook curried with chicken thighs & legs as they absorb the spice better.

I think that the breast meat can be a little dry & it takes time to soak up the spice unless its gonna be marinated & cut finely like in Chicken Tikka.

each to there own mate,but i prefer my meat boneless when going out for a meal,there's nothing worse than getting covered in what evere sauce it comes in.i'v had curry from a lot of places even the great mumtaz in bradford and thats the only place i've ever come across meat with the bone in just to cut the costs!!!

There is a Thai, Chinese, Indian buffet on Staniforth Rd at Attercliffe called Estikutum that is as near to a restaurant as you can get as opposed to the get em in, get em out buffets in city centre. It's pretty good too!

Check this out

Rom

i agree this place is by far the best..

Check this out

Rom

I vote for this one as well. We went there last week with a group of 14 (some kids), had soft drinks, water and stuffed senseless with great food for less than £100. For the 'indian' food, meat on the bone is the norm there but it is so tender and tasty that it is worth the extra effort to eat it.

No1 on Commercial Street is by far the best of the 3 canteen style all you can eat Chinese restaurants. Food is hot - Char Sui is really tender there whereas at Jumbo it's always hard and chewy. I think you aso get a better selection.

Wong Ting (aka Golden Dragon) just off of The Moor - went on Saturday night - was fantastic value for money and the food was the best.

Archived