The Chinese Buffets in Sheffield thread- all discussion in here please

clogginchris

I must have been to Wokmania 5 or so times (first 2 willingly, last 3 begrudgingly) and Noodle Inn quite a few.

With Wokmania, I can't put my finger on it but there is/was something about the food which didn't sit well with me, could be the cooking oil they use, msg/other flavour enhancers if they use them or something else but I don't feel the same if I've been to No1 buffet. Either way, all you can eat buffets are unlikely to be as good as a la carte in the quality stakes (assuming you go somewhere decent).

Noodle Inn was nice. I've found most of the noodle bars on London Road fine.

As you are in the City Centre what about Tokyou Noodle Bar (http://www.sheffieldforum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=380710) across from castle square. It's in a similar vein to the Noodle Inn and is amazing value for money.

Why don't you go to Tokyou at Castle Square instead? Much nicer than Wokmania processed stuff, dead cheap and not too far either!

Thank you for the above - I'll take a look at that - and for all the other comments. It certainly seems like Wokmania is a dead duck (Peking?) from our point of view. Is Tokyou near what used to be the old Hole in the Road?

It looks most likely that we'll be back at the Noodle Inn. It's a bit inconvenient transport-wise from where we live if we are carrying on into town, but my wife has offered to drive!

Archived