The Chinese Buffets in Sheffield thread- all discussion in here please

clogginchris

Wokmania was always a bit on the ropey side - far better at Jumbo, although to be honest that isn't exactly great either! :)

Dried out gunk on a hot plate or warmed by the heat from a 60 watt bulb... Nasty!!! There are far better ways to do buffett - Look at Bahn Thai on Eccy Road! (The one that looks like it's on London Rd, but apparently isn't) They do a great buffett on a sunday, not a light bulb in sight! Tastes fresh, ingredients good, not all dried up and yucky - Spot on! Cheap too, shame not more buffett places can be bothered...

My opinion:

Jumbo's=Ok but not much choice from what I can remember

Oriental Number 1=Feels like you are in a big school dinner hall, food average.

Wokmania=Was brill now rubbish but done out nicely and nice atmosphere.

any1 been to wokmania recently

if so can you tell mi your thoughts on the food and customer service

thanks?

have not been for a while but I always liked it. A bit pricy but you can have as much food as you like so if you are hungry enough it is good value.

They aheva good range of Chinese food and better deserts than before.

I went to wokmania with a couple of friends last night and was pleasantly surprised to see a selection of Indian food!! No idea when they added that but it tasted good and made me extremely happy, since I much prefer Indian to Chinese :D

Archived