The Chinese Buffets in Sheffield thread- all discussion in here please

clogginchris

i have to say though that most of the food in both of the buffets are not authentic chinese. most people that go to the buffet pile up their plates with loads of chips and ice cream, whats the point. you might aswell go to another buffet.

Went to No1 today. Not somwhere I would normally eat but for £5.99 a pop I was actually impressed. The food was pretty decent quality, staff were pleasant and the service good

It's pretty good. There's a slight touch of "school dinners" about the seating arrangements and atmosphere, especially when busy, but the food is great.

Service? Don't you serve yourself?

At No. 1 the staff take your orders for drinks, bring you refills and clear away any used plates. They've always been polite and cheerful when I've been there.

me and the wife went often to wokmania but never again

3 weeks ago we ate there food luke warm looks like it had been warmed up from night before.

both of us had the ****s about an hour after eating there

never again

wots the staniforth road one like and what are the prices there

me and the wife went often to wokmania but never again

3 weeks ago we ate there food luke warm looks like it had been warmed up from night before.

both of us had the ****s about an hour after eating there

never again

wots the staniforth road one like and what are the prices there

If it's luke warm and its meat, fish, eggs etc. complain and don't eat it it's not worth the risk.

• 1 month later...

mikeybaby72 went to Jumbo this afternoon.....it was only his second visit to any of these Chinese Buffets and he said the food at Jumbo was much better than Wokmania. I have been to all three of the ones in town and I also thought that Jumbo is the best.

Wokmania wins on fancy decor....albeit it has a chocolate fountain which has never been on when I have been eating there...and the televisions showing Takeshi's castle is good. Oriental No 1 is in a brilliant building.....but in the end it all comes down to the nosh......and we both thought that Jumbo beats the others. :D

Archived