The Chinese Buffets in Sheffield thread- all discussion in here please

clogginchris

went past the other day in the taxi from work and it was all lit up with blue strip lighting... looked huge inside. i'm pretty open minded to most things so will more than likely give it a try. it's in a good location to get business but I hope that the troubles with service are just cos the place is new and the staff are getting to grips with things. I'll let u know what i think might go tomorrow night... anyone know how much this is gonna be around 7ish?

went last week with the bloke, they r really comfy chairs lol cud of fell asleep on them, the food....well i thought there wernt enough variety but my bloke seemd to love it, it is a nice place, romantic, with the lights low hehe, id recommend it, but if you are a fussy eater like me i would say just go to maccy D's and grrab ya sen a nice dirty cheeseburga haha! :hihi:

We went to Wokmania on Friday, I have to say there we didnt have a 10% service charge on our bill, just the food and drinks. Though I have to say the food wasnt the best. Soup was nice, but the other starters were a bit rubbish, not much choice. Also the choice of main dishes was also a bit pants!!! There were only about 3 or 4 to choose from, and the ok sauce and sweet and sour dish were not the best.

Also for the rest of the day I did have a funny tummy, which still inst quite right. Wouldnt recommend it unless you have a very strong stomach, and are really really hungry and dont mind bland chinese food. Guess thats a no then.

Well, read all the comments prior to going to it this lunch time. What can i say

sometimes the internet does tell the truth!

give it credit where it's due, the seats are nice (and thats about it)

BUT

1) Too close together you have to negociate a path to your table.

2) Asked for a table near back to get out of draught, was shown to one on 2nd row.

3) Food is bland, very bland except for the Beef in Black Bean which tasted like it was beef in black pepper and very strong.

4) What is OK sauce??

5) Service atrocious, not asked what would like to drink, sat and waited then went and got food, nearly finished first course before attracting Pink shirt (now this is important) wearing waitress and asking for 2 coffee's bearing in mind 1 was available in 2 sizes i wasnt asked or offered the large sorry grande size........... 2 minutes later a Black shirted waiter came to take our order. Are pink shirts not allowed to write???? or take an order, if not then why not say so when i asked her??

5 (cont)) Halfway through 2nd serving, Black shirt comes back to say they were having problems with coffee machine would we wait 5 minutes or like to change our order. said would wait.............................and wait........................... just about to attract another pink shirt to cancel drinks as just about finished food when they appeared. Latte in a what can only be described as a cup found in a market cafe and a cappa that had never seen a sprinkle of chocolate in its life.

5 (still here) The coffee was good i'll give it that but delivered way too late and took far too long to inform us there was a problem with the machine.

6) At least the 10% service charge has been dropped - bit like the resturant has from my list of places for Lunch.

Its not nice - avoid

Archived