Bristol University Bans 'Offensive' National Anthem From Graduation Ceremony

5 minutes ago, trastrick said:

Nothing, except another authoritarian attack on free choice? Against the consumers and the caterers.

Adding more ****** off people to the population for no good reason?

It seems it was a good enough reason for the majority.  I'm presuming you are also upset about the 52% who voted to leave the EU and added "more ****** off people of the population for no good reason".

It seems a democratic vote is only justified if it is one you personally decide to agree with.

I'll post Daddy's previous info from his initial thread again. 

https://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/1843422/bristol-university-national-anthem-ban-woke

Have a good read.  The piece states the National Anthem was dropped LAST YEAR.  There's not even any dates as to when the outraged students were outraged. 

As a piece of historical history document even 10 years from now, it wouldn't even be considered as secondary evidence let alone a primary source. 

If you notice, 'Speaking to The Sun, computer science student Suki Yuan, 22, said - so The Express lifted this from The Sun.  How idle. 

Having said  all the above however, Vive la République! 

Edited by Baron99

Someone may explain to you the difference between the voting public and a few brainwashed woke students, when y'all grow up! Hope you wouldn't let them vote on the wars!  🙂

Food choices are very personal. What's next, Marks and Sparks?

Free choice, as long as it's legal, costs nothing, and makes for a more equitable and happier society,

Edited by trastrick

4 minutes ago, trastrick said:

Someone may explain to you the difference between the voting public and a few brainwashed woke students, when y'all grow up! Hope you wouldn't let them vote on the wars!  🙂

Free choice, as long as it's legal, costs nothing, and makes for a more equitable and happier society,

My bold. 

Food choices?   Are you on the right thread? 

15 hours ago, hackey lad said:

Only saying that because you know I’m barred 😀. Seriously though , see how he brought the “ I and others “ bit in .  And again he’s run away after making comments he can’t back up . Spineless .

I notice he still hasn't backed up his claim 🤣

Edited by The_DADDY

35 minutes ago, Jack Grey said:

500 hundred voted out of 26,000 students 

That's how voting often works.

A lot don't vote in a general election but you can still end up thinking you've got a big majority.

7 hours ago, trastrick said:

Do you have a list of “approved voters” who you will allow to make decisions?

Same old right wingers really, in favour of democracy. As long as it is the correct sort of democracy.

On 08/12/2023 at 18:06, The_DADDY said:

A top British university has scrapped 'God Save The King' from its graduation ceremonies after students complained that the song is offensive. 

https://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/1843422/bristol-university-national-anthem-ban-woke

Dull?

Out of date?

Maybe.

Yeah I'd say it's dull and possibly out dated, I don't sing it, I don't like it but offensive?

Your thoughts?

How can the British national anthem be offensive in a British university? I suggest anyone that finds British culture and tradition offensive finds another country to live in. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Irene Swaine said:

How can the British national anthem be offensive in a British university? I suggest anyone that finds British culture and tradition offensive finds another country to live in. 

What if they were British citizens. With as much right to an opinion as you?