Bristol University Bans 'Offensive' National Anthem From Graduation Ceremony

2 minutes ago, Prettytom said:

Which song?

Who chose it?

Why?

Maybe they should choose to play The Red Flag. Would that be ok?

The nation anthem. Chosen by Bristol Metropolitan University. As a celebration of Britain. 

I don't know what The Red Flag is. The terminally offended need to get a grip. Everyone has different preferences. Freedom of expression means allowing others to make their own choices.

1 minute ago, Irene Swaine said:

The nation anthem. Chosen by Bristol Metropolitan University. As a celebration of Britain. 

I don't know what The Red Flag is. The terminally offended need to get a grip. Everyone has different preferences. Freedom of expression means allowing others to make their own choices.

Quite so and that's exactly what they've done..

2 minutes ago, Irene Swaine said:

Bristol Metropolitan University doesn’t exist.

I’ve been to quite a few graduations now, I’ve never heard the National Anthem played.

Maybe Hackey can tell us whether they played it at his graduation. Or you…

21 minutes ago, Prettytom said:

Bristol Metropolitan University doesn’t exist.

I’ve been to quite a few graduations now, I’ve never heard the National Anthem played.

Maybe Hackey can tell us whether they played it at his graduation. Or you…

And with that , it’s gone , again.

6 hours ago, Prettytom said:

Do you have a list of “approved voters” who you will allow to make decisions?

No!

As a conservative/libertarian I am not in favour of banning personal choices, as long as they are not illegal.

I just think that;

"the decision to force a vegan diet upon Warwick’s 28,621  students was made by only 2.7% of the student body, raising questions about whether the change was made with the interests of the wider student population in mind"

is an intrusive, unnecessary interference in personal dietary choices, and hardly democratic, but I can understand why many authoritarian "clapping seals" on here would find it unobjectionable.

"https://www.countryside-alliance.org/resources/news/warwick-student-union-decision-to-ban-meat-and-dairy-criticised-after-tiny-minority-vote-to-impose-vegan-catering

14 hours ago, Delbow said:

They had a vote but it was authoritarian? This is why people can't be bothered explaining stuff to you, you dolt.

See above! 🙂

Edited by trastrick

2 hours ago, trastrick said:

No!

As a conservative/libertarian I am not in favour of banning personal choices, as long as they are not illegal.

I just think that;

"the decision to force a vegan diet upon Warwick’s 28,621  students was made by only 2.7% of the student body, raising questions about whether the change was made with the interests of the wider student population in mind"

is an intrusive, unnecessary interference in personal dietary choices, and hardly democratic, but I can understand why many authoritarian "clapping seals" on here would find it unobjectionable.

🙂

But that isn’t what you said.

You directly criticised the voters and disapproved of their right to make a choice. All that on the basis that they were students.

Which is an odd stance for a Conservative/libertarian.

15 hours ago, trastrick said:

Someone may explain to you the difference between the voting public and a few brainwashed woke students, when y'all grow up! Hope you wouldn't let them vote on the wars!  🙂

See?

Edited by Prettytom