Love.

2 hours ago, cuttsie said:

Have you ever been in love , Love that made every waking day a magic sparkling kaleidoskop of thought and emotion .

Your first love , The one you first held , trembling , fumbling, gasping in a gas lamp lit entry , 

A warm wall in a  cramped  entry , Warm due to a fire burning in a Yorkshire Range just a brick thickness away from a hot arse .

The one you married may be or  if not the one you should have , That one is the secret one the one you never speak off as  it was the lost chance , the lad or lass that walked away into the sun set , The one that still enters your dreams after so many years '

Other loves may follow , One or two or three and so on , You may have married one or two or three but none , none,   ever leaves that vision , that ache that dream that was the first breath of spring ,the first bud on your tree of life .

Yes.

3 minutes ago, cuttsie said:

You can miss the signs, I was walking through the City early this year and  bumped into a lady who was a  customer in my then local , We got talking and she said " You never noticed did you "  . I replied ,"noticed what" . She looked . and replied "Well its to late now but I dropped all the hints at the time and you just did not notice"

You could have knocked me over with a feather as I always thought Delia was out of my league she turned heads at that time .   Oh well it was 40 years ago so we are both now living on dreams .

I thought you already had a partner.

You have to strike while the iron's hot,  hopefully at the same time.

Just now, cressida said:

I thought you already had a partner.

You have to strike while the iron's hot,  hopefully at the same time.

I have the best in the World , But this a thread about life , experience , happenings , We all have a past ,A time when the road could have gone in another direction , So its a bit of shall we say fun , getting away from the wars , the politics , the daft arguments that seem to prevail on here. 

Ok  when I left school I went to night school,  this boy tagged on to me,  walked me home,  spotted my brother's motorbike in front of the garage,  then my dear mother opened the front door,  we said goodbye at the gate,  he asked me for a kiss and got a peck.   The next day I was with friends going to the coffee bar and he asked again if he could walk me home,  I said no as I didn't want to let my friends down - he had said his family was emigrating to New Zealand or Oz - that's the only time I 've regretted making the wrong decision.

2 minutes ago, cressida said:

Ok  when I left school I went to night school,  this boy tagged on to me,  walked me home,  spotted my brother's motorbike in front of the garage,  then my dear mother opened the front door,  we said goodbye at the gate,  he asked me for a kiss and got a peck.   The next day I was with friends going to the coffee bar and he asked again if he could walk me home,  I said no as I didn't want to let my friends down - he had said his family was emigrating to New Zealand or Oz - that's the only time I 've regretted making the wrong decision.

Smashing looking back on life int it .  How things have gone ,How they may have gone , Who knows .

• Like 1

2 hours ago, cuttsie said:

Have you ever been in love , Love that made every waking day a magic sparkling kaleidoskop of thought and emotion .

Your first love , The one you first held , trembling , fumbling, gasping in a gas lamp lit entry , 

A warm wall in a  cramped  entry , Warm due to a fire burning in a Yorkshire Range just a brick thickness away from a hot arse .

The one you married may be or  if not the one you should have , That one is the secret one the one you never speak off as  it was the lost chance , the lad or lass that walked away into the sun set , The one that still enters your dreams after so many years '

Other loves may follow , One or two or three and so on , You may have married one or two or three but none , none,   ever leaves that vision , that ache that dream that was the first breath of spring ,the first bud on your tree of life .

Yes cuttsie a few times and if you could bottle that feeling of euphoria that true love gives you we’d all be multi millionaires by now.

Fortunately I’ve never needed the experience of a ‘cramped entry’ because my parents went caravanning at weekends from me being 15 and left me to my own devices. At a few weeks after my 17th birthday I had a car, a bit cramped but still more comfortable than a back alley.

Before I met my wife I was engaged to a nurse from Lincoln and after 18 months she disengaged me. By the time a few months later she wanted us to get back together it was too late I was going out with the stunning girl who was to become and still is after more than 50 years, my wife.

Everyone thinks when they tie the knot that they’ve won the jackpot but I know that I really did!😄

echo.

Edited by echo beach
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, trastrick said:

Yep.

Plus sex!

Oh!!!!!!! The leg over as some  uncouth folk put it , well its part of the job ,  although a little messy at times .

The leg over is much over rated in my opinion especially as one gets older ,many a time We have opted for a good candle light dinner with wine then fell asleep in each others arms while listening to Tony Bennet  or Frank Sinatra ..

Now I have been zapped in the nether regions  so big Judd takes some waking up and the wine is no longer an option .

I have had my fill , My share, The memories are flooding in .

1 hour ago, cuttsie said:

Oh!!!!!!! The leg over as some  uncouth folk put it , well its part of the job ,  although a little messy at times .

The leg over is much over rated in my opinion especially as one gets older ,many a time We have opted for a good candle light dinner with wine then fell asleep in each others arms while listening to Tony Bennet  or Frank Sinatra ..

Now I have been zapped in the nether regions  so big Judd takes some waking up and the wine is no longer an option .

I have had my fill , My share, The memories are flooding in .

At least you are "conservative" in your love life, George,

I noticed you turned down a golden opportunity to "share" with our charming Cressy!🙂

• Thanks 1