Mon to Fri between 18:00 and 07:00 £2.80

Weekends £2.80

20 minutes in a drop off zone. Free.

Pay cash, card or through the app.

Yep as I said very reasonable 👍

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 26/12/2023 at 23:25, Allen said:

Isn’t the title of this thread Northern General Parking?

Has it moved?

When I lived there it was in a northern suburb of Sheffield.

Charges for parking there has nothing to do with being central (and therefore abused) …..it’s about ripping off vulnerable people when most in need.

vulnerable people  being ripped off ? 
 or like much of the histrionic and ignorant   ranting about NHS fees  and charges completely ignoring  objective material reality 

https://www.sth.nhs.uk/our-hospitals/royal-hallamshire-hospital/car-parking

On 17/12/2023 at 00:05, Allen said:

Where did that come from?

I reckon you and gaz 786 are mates. You’ve both had a little bit of a dig at my recent comments.

FYI

One visit to a doctor and I immediately had blood tests.

Long story cut short…but within weeks I had an aneurysm repaired…kidney failure diagnosed…dialysis for  14 months…and a new kidney transplanted.

Nothing but praise for the Welsh NHS from me.

And the biggest praise to the family who allowed the loss of their loved one to save my life.

Nice to see something  good for a change.  Glad everything went so well for you.  3 cheers for the NHS.

Some on here like to gang up on people but forget they have nothing to say.

Strangely enough,  one's a rabid tory supporter who's party of choice began running down the NHS 13 years ago.

Yes,  we should have free hospital parking as in Wales,  and more of it too.

On 27/12/2023 at 15:56, HumbleNarrator said:

When will people get it into their heads, NOTHING is free.

Quite true but,  some things you pay for once and some things you pay for twice.

Edited by Organgrinder

The cars parked on Herries Road are a disgrace. Most of them aren't actually on the road, they're on the pavement, shame on drivers who do this. There are buses going right in to the grounds of the Hospital and a taxi drop off point too, there is no need for blocking pedestrian access on surrounding roads. If the council sent an Enforcement Officer around the streets of Fir Vale, Page Hall and Pitsmoor to penalise cars parked on the pavement etc, the council would get a healthy income stream for certain.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Irene Swaine said:

The cars parked on Herries Road are a disgrace. Most of them aren't actually on the road, they're on the pavement, shame on drivers who do this. There are buses going right in to the grounds of the Hospital and a taxi drop off point too, there is no need for blocking pedestrian access on surrounding roads. If the council sent an Enforcement Officer around the streets of Fir Vale, Page Hall and Pitsmoor to penalise cars parked on the pavement etc, the council would get a healthy income stream for certain.

There isn’t any potential income stream for council parking enforcement as they can’t enforce against vehicles parked on the footway unless there is a waiting restriction such as a double or single yellow line.

The government have talked about giving councils outside London powers to ban pavement parking, but that’s all it’s been, talk.

Parking on the footway or verge where there isn’t any restriction isn’t in itself an offence.  The police can enforce against obstruction and, as I understand it, they apply a pragmatic approach and use the “double buggy test”, so if someone could get past the vehicle pushing a double buggy without having to go onto the road, there’s no offence.

If you were really interested in how many tickets the council issue in those areas, you could send in an FOI request. For what it’s worth, while I was at the council I had to field complaints from residents and businesses in those areas, who complained the council enforce there too much.

30 minutes ago, Planner1 said:

Parking on the footway or verge where there isn’t any restriction isn’t in itself an offence.  

Section 2 of the Highway Code prohibits this.

32 minutes ago, Planner1 said:

The police can enforce against obstruction and, as I understand it, they apply a pragmatic approach and use the “double buggy test”, so if someone could get past the vehicle pushing a double buggy without having to go onto the road, there’s no offence.

A double buggy definitely wouldn't be able to pass. 

23 minutes ago, Irene Swaine said:

Section 2 of the Highway Code prohibits this. 

You should perhaps try to actually understand what you are posting about.

It is only prohibited in London. Elsewhere it is only advised against. In the Highway Code, prohibitions are described as something you MUST NOT do. If it says you should not, it isn’t prohibited.

The Highway Code Rule 244 says:

You MUST NOT park partially or wholly on the pavement in London, and should not do so elsewhere unless signs permit it. Parking on the pavement can obstruct and seriously inconvenience pedestrians, people in wheelchairs or with visual impairments and people with prams or pushchairs.

28 minutes ago, Irene Swaine said:

A double buggy definitely wouldn't be able to pass. 

Report it to the Police then. Only they can enforce obstruction.