Who Hates The Pretentious Term 'Reaching Out' ?

Who hates the pretentious term "reaching out" (as in I am reaching out to you) ?

I do !

And a few minutes on google indicates loads of other people find it annoying too.

So why do people use it ? ! ?

Which berk came up with it ?  

It must have come from America....

Edited by Chekhov
  • Like 1

52 minutes ago, Chekhov said:

Who hates the pretentious term "reaching out" (as in I am reaching out to you) ?

I do !

And a few minutes on google indicates loads of other people find it annoying too.

So why do people use it ? ! ?

Which berk came up with it ?  

It must have come from America....

I'd like to know how someone replies to that if they don't want to be 'reached' out to.

• Haha 1

Going forward on my journey guys, I’m constantly reaching out to my community and raising awareness of our need for a new village hall.

No wonder I receive scant response. I think a bit more blue sky thinking is needed.

echo.

Edited by echo beach
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, echo beach said:

Going forward on my journey, I’m constantly reaching out to my community and raising awareness of our need for a new village hall.

No wonder I receive scant response. I think a bit more blue sky thinking is needed.

echo.

:clap:

I suppose our equivalent is 'how can I help you'?

4 minutes ago, echo beach said:

Going forward on my journey, I’m constantly reaching out to my community and raising awareness of our need for a new village hall.

echo.

You’re out of the box.😜