Who Hates The Pretentious Term 'Reaching Out' ?

When I watch Emmerdale or Coronation Street, sometimes they deal with a traumatic story. It can be a rape victim who is unable to talk about it, or a  young person who has been groomed. At the moment Corrie is doing a story about someone who is dying from Motor neurone disease.

At the end of the series when the credits start to roll up the screen someone will say, If you have been affected by issues in tonight’s episode you can visit. They will give you a link with more information if you need help and want to talk to someone. 

I’m not sure if this is classed as reaching out but if it is I don’t think it is a bad thing.

50 minutes ago, echo beach said:

Famous musical ‘Guys and Dolls’.

Now what shall we change it to?

Gentlemen and Ladies? Nah, that’s too lavatorial!

Men and Women? So is that!
Lads and lassies? Yes, that’s it.

Instead of singing ‘Luck be a lady tonight’ they could change it to ‘ Luck be a lassie tonight’.

Instead of it being set in New York City and the storyline being about the gambling men and the women who try to tame them we could have a collie dog in Glasgow who wins the heart of  Billy Connolly and even stops him swearing. Much better; a hit all the way.😃

echo.

Is this political correctness echo?

8 minutes ago, Longcol said:

Thought the term "pretentious"had died a death in the 70's with the demise of prog rock and following  the "Pretentious? Moi?" gag in Fawlty Towers.

Must have missed that gag,  was it said by Basil or Sybil?

7 hours ago, Tipstaff said:

"It is what it is"...  "cohort"... "going forward"...  All used by pretentious managers at work.  Is plain speaking is a thing of the past?  No!  They're all clones!

Management speak is amusing.  Social sciences academia, though: Private Eye Pseuds Corner but more so.  I think it's meant to be impenetrable cult burble to mask how much of it is complete boswellox.

If you want annoying: doggo, kiddo, preggo, fam, pupper, husbeast, hubster, hollibobs.  I blame Dawn French.