Nature In Decline?

1 hour ago, El Cid said:

Frogs are a vital part of our natural world.

And they are in trouble. According to the IUCN Red List, 41% of amphibians are threatened with extinction. Populations are dwindling and many species haven’t been spotted in years.

They are the most threatened group of animals in the world.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/articles/QFm8C96RMGwbsJGd8J5mZB/why-frogs-are-so-important

The UK's flying insect population has declined by as much as 60% in the last 20 years, a new study has revealed.

https://www.nhm.ac.uk/discover/news/2022/may/uks-flying-insects-have-declined-60-in-20-years.html

We no longer need to clear our windscreens of dead flies. A decline in minibeasts will lead to a knock on effect in other areas!

We are all doomed!

Has anyone put a call into Greta? 

She'll know what to do

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, El Cid said:

I dont think it is climate change, I think there are just too many of us hoomans spewing harmful chemicals.

You may be right Cid, and I am very much against the chemicals. Just think, if it is having an effect on nature etc, it is highly likely to be the cause of some cancers amongst people.

3 hours ago, El Cid said:

The UK's flying insect population has declined by as much as 60% in the last 20 years, a new study has revealed.

https://www.nhm.ac.uk/discover/news/2022/may/uks-flying-insects-have-declined-60-in-20-years.html

We no longer need to clear our windscreens of dead flies. A decline in minibeasts will lead to a knock on effect in other areas!

We are all doomed!

Roadworks, speed restrictions & 20mph zones. 

Nature isn't in decline, it's a fallacy.  There's more of the wee beasties than there has ever been, we're just not driving fast enough :loopy:

Motorways are down to 50mph (if your lucky) 30 mph on the M18 over the Ouse & 20mph zones becoming compulsory everywhere  (especially in Wales).

It's a well known fact you have to be driving at 60 mph to obtain the phenonium of squashed bugs on yer windscreen.

Me personally, I'd rather drive faster, get home for mi dinner and clean the windscreen at my own leisure.

Keep safe, Drive like you stole it 🧐.

Edited by Rockers rule

3 hours ago, Organgrinder said:

At least 5 years since I saw a fox.  don't know the reason for that but a lot of green fields have been built on.

The ones near me make so much noise that it sounds like someone's being murdered! I usually look out of the window about 2am before bed and often see foxes running along the road, so they seem to be doing alright.

2 hours ago, Rockers rule said:

Roadworks, speed restrictions & 20mph 

It's a well known fact you have to be driving at 60 mph to obtain the phenonium of squashed bugs on yer windscreen.

Me personally, I'd rather drive faster, get home for mi dinner and clean the windscreen at my own leisure.

It's even got its own Wikipedia page.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Windshield_phenomenon#:~:text=The windshield phenomenon (or windscreen,activity%2C e.g. use of pesticides.

2 hours ago, Vrsaljko said:

The ones near me make so much noise that it sounds like someone's being murdered! I usually look out of the window about 2am before bed and often see foxes running along the road, so they seem to be doing alright.

Some are doing better than others, Basil Brush has earned some Dosh over the years.   HaHa! Ba Bom! :hihi:

• Haha 1