Joey Barton

ukdobby

3 hours ago, The_DADDY said:

Yes if the women is there as a box ticking exercise like the female presenters of snooker, boxing etc (commentators too).

Regarding football. We keep hearing how women's football is amazing, it's awesome,  it's the future. So why don't these women choose to focus on the women's game and commentate on that? Becaus

Because they tend to tread on men's coattails,  they should do something separate for themselves.

I must admit zi watched a premier league game last week with 2 female commentators and they were awful,it was like listening to 2 women in the hairdressers,one of them just wouldn’t stop gabbing.

Theres a reason men don’t commentate on the womens games.

5 hours ago, ukdobby said:

I must admit zi watched a premier league game last week with 2 female commentators and they were awful,it was like listening to 2 women in the hairdressers,one of them just wouldn’t stop gabbing.

Theres a reason men don’t commentate on the womens games.

The only time that I’ve spent any time in a ladies hairdressers was when a girl friend used to cut my hair in her shop when it was closed for business, I must admit to not being able to recall what our topic of conversation was. :huh:

Barton is a clown who's saying contorversial things to garner interest in his new podcast, having said that there is some mileage in what he's saying here, if woman gets a commentating job on merit then fair enough, if the broadcasters are just sticking them in the jobs for box ticking (which is how it appears) then it's ridiculous, some male commentators of the past have voices that have become synonymous with their chosen sport (Arnott, Alliss etc) can't think of any women in that category.

I saw  someone make the point that you can imagine a male commentary team carry on talking about the game and football in general after the cameras stop rolling, the women probably never mention it until the next job.

• 2 weeks later...

Current politics:

In a world where white, straight men are at the bottom of the Oppression Olympics league table and are not allowed to talk about or criticise women in any way because it's sexist/misogynistic/mansplaining...

Women are clambering over themselves to get in to a male space to literally critique and criticise men!

The hypocrisy is strong...

On 11/12/2023 at 12:43, Top4719 said:

Barton is a clown who's saying contorversial things to garner interest in his new podcast, having said that there is some mileage in what he's saying here, if woman gets a commentating job on merit then fair enough, if the broadcasters are just sticking them in the jobs for box ticking (which is how it appears) then it's ridiculous, some male commentators of the past have voices that have become synonymous with their chosen sport (Arnott, Alliss etc) can't think of any women in that category.

I saw  someone make the point that you can imagine a male commentary team carry on talking about the game and football in general after the cameras stop rolling, the women probably never mention it until the next job.

I agree with your post,  but I don't think he's a clown,  he made a very discerning comment and is another who is brave enough to speak his mind.

• Like 2