Two Girls Arrested After Jewish Woman Robbed In Haringey

If you were to go so far as actually reading the story then, 'The victim is from the orthodox Jewish community. It would have been obvious from her appearance that she was Jewish and there has been significant concern that she was targeted for that reason'. 

• Like 1

Just now, Palomar said:

If you were to go so far as actually reading the story then, 'The victim is from the orthodox Jewish community. It would have been obvious from her appearance that she was Jewish and there has been significant concern that she was targeted for that reason'. 

Thanks - I didn't read the full story, but that answers a lot of questions.

• Like 2

Just now, RollingJ said:

IF you are referring to the 'not always' comment, I would say you can't.

OK ,Jewish people are members of all Countries World wide , Some are Black like Sammy Davies Jnr was , Some are as white as driven snow as Zelensky and his wife in the Ukraine , China has Jewish people , India and America , only the Middle Eastern Countries seem to have a problem with the Jews of the World , Strange that int it .

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, RollingJ said:

Depends how strict they are, surely.

Yes it does.  

1 minute ago, Palomar said:

What do orthodox female Jews wear that is different from some other non female Jews to identify them?

1 minute ago, cuttsie said:

OK ,Jewish people are members of all Countries World wide , Some are Black like Sammy Davies Jnr was , Some are as white as driven snow as Zelensky and his wife in the Ukraine , China has Jewish people , India and America , only the Middle Eastern Countries seem to have a problem with the Jews of the World , Strange that int it .

OK - no need to have a go at me - I just take people as I find them, irrespective of race, colour, creed or whatever.

21 minutes ago, RollingJ said:

OK - no need to have a go at me - I just take people as I find them, irrespective of race, colour, creed or whatever.

Not having a go , Its the stereotyping of Jewish people that gets to me .many years ago in England it was standard speech to associate Jewish people with various traits , This still occurs in the older generation to some extent but I no longer hear it from the younger people that I know . As to looks or skin colour then it is impossible as there are so many people who come from different parts of the World and as  has been said are a race not a religion .

3 minutes ago, cuttsie said:

Not having a go , Its the stereotyping of Jewish people that gets to me .many years ago in England it was standard speech to associate Jewish people with various traits , This still occurs in the older generation to some extent but I no longer hear it from the younger people that I know . As to looks or skin colour then it is impossible as there are so many people who come from different parts of the World and as  has been said are a race not a religion .

Well, I'm of the 'older generation', and don't notice it amongst my peers - but maybe we are better educated/more sensible.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, cuttsie said:

Not if you think about it and appreciate that the Middle East is the homeland of both Jews and Arabs.

Jewish people have migrated to many parts of the world and are part of their communities.

To say that Jews have not had their problems in Western Europe,Eastern Europe ,Russia and so on is a figment of your imagination.

No wonder they deserved a land that they could call their own,

If only they had concentrated their efforts in protecting the agreed borders

1 hour ago, Axe said:

What do orthodox female Jews wear that is different from some other non female Jews to identify them?

When out in public, orthodox, married, Jewish women are expected to cover their natural hair. This is often done with a wig (although it can be with a headscarf or hat). Having been in that part of North London a couple of times recently I can say that the wigs worn are fairly obvious and the ones that I saw being worn were of a similar style.

Edited by horribleblob