Two Girls Arrested After Jewish Woman Robbed In Haringey

1 hour ago, RJRB said:

Not if you think about it and appreciate that the Middle East is the homeland of both Jews and Arabs.

Jewish people have migrated to many parts of the world and are part of their communities.

To say that Jews have not had their problems in Western Europe,Eastern Europe ,Russia and so on is a figment of your imagination.

No wonder they deserved a land that they could call their own,

If only they had concentrated their efforts in protecting the agreed borders

Or concentrated on staying in their borders 

15 hours ago, The_DADDY said:

Two girls have been arrested on suspicion of robbery after a Jewish woman was assaulted in a "possible hate crime" in Haringey, London.

The victim, 20, was approached by two girls on Rostrevor Avenue who assaulted her and stole her bag at about 16.30 GMT on 7 December, the Met said.

Officers arrested two girls aged 13 and 14 at about midday on Saturday on 9 December at an address in Haringey.

The Met recognised concerns the victim was targeted for being Jewish.

The victim was bruised and left "shaken" by the incident but did not need hospital treatment, the Met said.

CCTV images captured near the scene suggested the girls were wearing school uniform and detectives worked with schools officers to confirm their identity, the force said.

The two girls arrested remain in custody.

A targeted attack or just the wrong place at the wrong time? 

Your thoughts?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-67666072.amp

Your thoughts?

12 hours ago, horribleblob said:

When out in public, orthodox, married, Jewish women are expected to cover their natural hair. This is often done with a wig (although it can be with a headscarf or hat). Having been in that part of North London a couple of times recently I can say that the wigs worn are fairly obvious and the ones that I saw being worn were of a similar style.

That will make them look similar to Muslim women.

15 hours ago, Palomar said:

If you were to go so far as actually reading the story then, 'The victim is from the orthodox Jewish community. It would have been obvious from her appearance that she was Jewish and there has been significant concern that she was targeted for that reason'. 

What evidence is there that she was targeted because she was Jewish ?  

1 hour ago, Ridgewalk said:

What evidence is there that she was targeted because she was Jewish ?  

It is a case of someone adding two and two together and coming up with 5.  It makes a more sensational story to bring a hate crime into the equation rather than a robbery story in which the victim was in the wrong place at the wrong time.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Axe said:

That will make them look similar to Muslim women.

If you go to the Stamford Hill area of London, where this incident took place and which has a large Jewish population, the orthodox women wearing wigs are easy to identify.

That doesn’t necessarily mean of course that this woman was targeted because she was Jewish but neither can it be dismissed outright. Fortunately, the police have now arrested the two perpetrators which hopefully will stop the speculation one way or another.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, horribleblob said:

If you go to the Stamford Hill area of London, where this incident took place and which has a large Jewish population, the orthodox women wearing wigs are easy to identify.

That doesn’t necessarily mean of course that this woman was targeted because she was Jewish but neither can it be dismissed outright. Fortunately, the police have now arrested the two perpetrators which hopefully will stop the speculation one way or another.

I appreciate you know the area and I do not.   I also appreciate orthodox Jewish women dress differently to non orthodox.  I have known and still know a number of Jewish women and have not noticed any difference to the way they dress from other women.