McDonalds Sack Security Guard.

20 minutes ago, Irene Swaine said:

The plot thickens. https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-12851597/amp/homeless-man-mcdonalds-water-soaked-christmas.html

He receives £700 a month in PIP plus Universal Credit. People I know with bipolar and epilepsy receive less than half of that, so he would obviously be a high priority case for housing. Why hasn't he used some of the nigh on £1,000 per month to rent somewhere or book himself in to cheap hostels? Even if London is too expensive, he could get himself on a train up to somewhere like Middlesbrough, where housing is cheap and get a council flat. I am not buying this story at all. The trainers he is wearing are Nike, which retail at over £100, no Shoe Zone for Mr McCarthy. He also has an adoptive mother in Wales. People who adopt tend to be caring and are means tested before they get handed the kid. Why doesn't he get a train to Wales and ask her for help? Hmmm. I put it to the forum that he doesn't want any help and would rather beg on the streets. He says he is not on drugs but where is the £1,000 per month going then? The way he talks and swipes his head side to side suggests he is on something.

I put it to the forum that what he's doing is not your concern but you seem to have taken it upon yourself to guard the streets and pubs of this city and decide what everyone else is allowed to do.

3 minutes ago, Organgrinder said:

I put it to the forum that what he's doing is not your concern but you seem to have taken it upon yourself to guard the streets and pubs of this city and decide what everyone else is allowed to do.

When he is harassing people walking down the street  and agreeing to interviews about his circumstances, it is my problem. It's the same old story, woe is me, blah blah blah. As usual, it turns out he has access to support but would rather beg on The streets than sort his life out. Back in the 1970s, before welfare payments, a genuine homeless person would have given the right arm to have the opportunities he has had.

5 minutes ago, Irene Swaine said:

When he is harassing people walking down the street  and agreeing to interviews about his circumstances, it is my problem. It's the same old story, woe is me, blah blah blah. As usual, it turns out he has access to support but would rather beg on The streets than sort his life out. Back in the 1970s, before welfare payments, a genuine homeless person would have given the right arm to have the opportunities he has had.

Back in the 70's there were welfare payments. Ever heard of the dole? 

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Irene Swaine said:

It is NOT your problem except that you appear to be an interfering biddy old who can't mind her own business.  Norah Batty comes to mind.

You may find that life may deal you some blows too in the future.  

7 hours ago, Irene Swaine said:

The plot thickens. https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-12851597/amp/homeless-man-mcdonalds-water-soaked-christmas.html

He receives £700 a month in PIP plus Universal Credit. People I know with bipolar and epilepsy receive less than half of that, so he would obviously be a high priority case for housing. Why hasn't he used some of the nigh on £1,000 per month to rent somewhere or book himself in to cheap hostels? Even if London is too expensive, he could get himself on a train up to somewhere like Middlesbrough, where housing is cheap and get a council flat. I am not buying this story at all. The trainers he is wearing are Nike, which retail at over £100, no Shoe Zone for Mr McCarthy. He also has an adoptive mother in Wales. People who adopt tend to be caring and are means tested before they get handed the kid. Why doesn't he get a train to Wales and ask her for help? Hmmm. I put it to the forum that he doesn't want any help and would rather beg on the streets. He says he is not on drugs but where is the £1,000 per month going then? The way he talks and swipes his head side to side suggests he is on something.

It's a pity we can't get those intrepid reporters at the Daily Mail on to the case of Boris Johnson and Rishi Sunak's missing phone app messages, or the mystery of a £100 billion of taxpayers money which has strangely disappeared over the last 4 years.

7 hours ago, Longcol said:

Back in the 70's there were welfare payments. Ever heard of the dole? 

Been around since 1911. Got 7 Shillings a week then. https://navigator.health.org.uk/theme/national-insurance-act-1911

7 hours ago, Irene Swaine said:

Timberland or Nike, both cost over £70. You can buy a lot of food with that or a night in a Premier Inn.

You can also get Nike trainers and Timberland boots for  less than £70