Communism.

4 minutes ago, hackey lad said:

Sounds to me like she had a slightly privileged upbringing . Not that it is a bad thing .

It's as if this is the only time ever that people are struggling, ridiculous.

Have folk forgotten how bad it was in the 70s?

Edited by Al Bundy

23 minutes ago, Al Bundy said:

It's as if this is the only time ever that people are struggling, ridiculous.

Have folk forgotten how bad it was in the 70s?

The 70's were nothing like today. the money the poor spend on rent & heating alone, as a percentage of their outgoings,   bear no comparison to the 70's.

The main problem of the 70's and 80's were the start of mass unemployment and not prices.

In every age,  there have always been a proportion who have struggled,  but it's never been as hard a world to struggle in as it is now and I've watched the struggles from the 1940's onwards.

Edited by Organgrinder

1 minute ago, Organgrinder said:

The 70's were nothing like today. the money the poor spend on rent & heating alone, as a percentage of their outgoings,   bear no comparison to the 70's.

The main problem of the 70's and 80's were the start of mass unemployment and not prices.

Absolute rubbish . There is more help today than ever before .

• Like 3

The Guardian want to ban Megayachts because of climate change 🤣

I've said hundreds of times in this forum that the left have weaponised health and climate change to get rid of things they don't like..... because those two things can be applied to anything on our lives 🙄

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2023/dec/11/megayachts-environment-carbon-emissions-ban

7 minutes ago, Jack Grey said:

The Guardian want to ban Megayachts because of climate change 🤣

I've said hundreds of times in this forum that the left have weaponised health and climate change to get rid of things they don't like..... because those two things can be applied to anything on our lives 🙄

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2023/dec/11/megayachts-environment-carbon-emissions-ban

Don’t worry yourself about it, you’ll never own one.

1 hour ago, Organgrinder said:

In every age,  there have always been a proportion who have struggled,  but it's never been as hard a world to struggle in as it is now and I've watched the struggles from the 1940's onwards.

Our gas fire in the 60s/70s wasnt expensive, but we just had the one, not central heating. But of course we have climate change now!

Not like Jack Frost on the bedroom windows, people today are spoilt!

33 minutes ago, Jack Grey said:

You are really naive 

First it's Megayachts, then yachts, then boats, then planes then cars then cows, then meat 

See where I'm going? 

Please go then  -  who cares ?