Co2 Levels

1 minute ago, Jack Grey said:

Is that the best you can do?

A 5 year old can debate better than that 🙄

It is about the same level as many of your posts. When you started on here, you seemed a level-headed, sensible individual, but your true side is obviously showing,

No matter, I shall just add you to the list of posters to ignore.

47 minutes ago, RollingJ said:

It is about the same level as many of your posts. When you started on here, you seemed a level-headed, sensible individual, but your true side is obviously showing,

No matter, I shall just add you to the list of posters to ignore.

Ok thanks 👍

10 minutes ago, geared said:

Gotta be a proper MRT to really encourage people out of their cars. 

Like I said, the prospects of that happening anywhere other than London are slim.

Where would they put it? - and if you know anything about London, you would know they already have an extensive network - and nowhere to extend it.

16 minutes ago, RollingJ said:

Where would they put it? - and if you know anything about London, you would know they already have an extensive network - and nowhere to extend it.

You say that, but it's not stopped them yet.

They found room for HS2, which despite it's shrinking size elsewhere in the country still appears to be going to the heart of London, with a wonderfully refurbished station as the crowning piece.

They had no problems signing off on CrossRail 2, long before CrossRail 1 was even finished, and despite the gigantic cost overruns in the initial project, it still appears to be going ahead.

They even managed to pi*s over 50 million quid away on that stupid Garden Bridge, and they never even start building the sodding thing.

The money will keep on flowing and they will keep on finding ways to spend it.  I don't see that same money cannon being pointed elsewhere though, do you??

• Like 1

On 12/12/2023 at 10:14, ads36 said:

are we monitoring CO2 in the CAZ ?

(seems unlikely)

indeed  

CAZ/ ULEZ   are much more  about NOx and Particulates than CO and CO2 ... 

CO2   from  the tailpipe reduction  has been prioritised  by  VED rates since  the turn of the century ,  hence  some ofthe incredulity  from the hard of thinking aobut how   high VED  vehicles   can be  CAZ/ ULEZ  compliant. 

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/media/6421b9a42fa8480013ec0c1e/v149-rates-of-vehicle-tax-for-cars-motorcycles-light-goods-vehicles-and-private-light-goods-vehicles.pdf

in terms of CO2  and pluig in hybrids / full EVs  it's pertinent to note  the  patterns of UK  power generation 

https://grid.iamkate.com/

• 3 weeks later...
On 17/12/2023 at 13:04, Planner1 said:

If you look on this page, there’s a link on the right hand side to diffusion tube results 2003 to 2021. Those monitor nitrogen dioxide.

As described on that page, DEFRA have monitoring sites in Sheffield and their historic data can be accessed here

I had already seen the diffusion tube results info, why stop at 2022?  we need the last years to see any benefit from the CAZ.

3 hours ago, Arthur Ritus said:

I had already seen the diffusion tube results info, why stop at 2022?  we need the last years to see any benefit from the CAZ.

There's usually a delay in current results. 9 times out of 10 the collation runs parallel to the financial year so 2023's results aren't yet finalised.