Tech Phobia

1 hour ago, Organgrinder said:

At the risk of sounding like the only honest bloke,  I will admit that I don't know how many there are,  so I will accept the governments figures as near enough, until we know how many

illegals have crept into the country over the years.    We never will know unless we introduce ID cards and the government won't because they don't want us to know. the true figures.

So  you believe the Government, when it suits you? 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Chekhov said:

I did wonder if I was a bit harsh in this post.

Actually I was too mild...

I have to get in touch with booking.com and it's almost impossible. You have to work out how to navigate you way though loads of pages trying to make you force you to interact with a computer or  just use their FAQs. When I  finally got there I sent a message but never heard anything for two days. So, I am now trying to send it again (fortunately I kept the original as a draft in my Gmail....) but that process - of trying to actually send them a message- is so complicated I have already forgotten and am having to work it all out again.

It's APPALLING service, and it's "IT" that is responsible for that.

But YOU have chosen to use an online only business.

Their entire operation is designed from the ground up to be dealt with online. It wants as little human intervention as possible. It's exactly the reason why they expect you to use their chatbots and FAQs and web pages and do all they can to stop you contacting them directly. Direct contact means having to pay for humans to deal with it. Something not in it's business model.  Does it say anywhere that they will guarantee a response within 2 days?  Did you have to send a message again? It might simply be the case that your original message is sitting in box somewhere waiting processing by the tiny amount of humans they employ to do such work.

If you wanted the simplicity and assurance of full human interaction and instant Rolls-Royce service, you could have gone to a traditional travel agent and more than likely paid double or triple the price. Thems your choices.

Can't have it both ways.  

Edited by ECCOnoob

3 hours ago, Organgrinder said:

At the risk of sounding like the only honest bloke,  I will admit that I don't know how many there are,  so I will accept the governments figures as near enough, until we know how many

illegals have crept into the country over the years.    We never will know unless we introduce ID cards and the government won't because they don't want us to know. the true figures.

Who has counted them, H?

Does 68 or 69 million make any diffence?

2 hours ago, Carl said:

Anyway, you could always just phone them. It might not be readily apparent but booking.com only seem to show you their Customer Service phone number if you've actually logged in to their website. The number is +44 20 3320 2625.

In case this is useful for anyone :

How to find Booking.com phone number or Booking.com message centre

Customer Service Help (at bottom of the page, or use Control F for "help") > Which booking > Other topic > Something else > More contact options > Speak to someone OR Message customer service (the latter brings up the existing message trail)  

14 minutes ago, El Cid said:

Who has counted them, H?

Does 68 or 69 million make any diffence?

Not me who's making a fuss about it.    Some think the governments figures are way out but,  as I say,   we will never know anyway without ID  cards.

I personally don't give  a damn but the forum racist it at it.

A simple request for information or the like requires pages and paes of form filling with all sorts of information which is neither relevant or any of their damn busines. But of course you have to comply with all this nonsense in ordet to procede.

Then they can sell your data to any Tom, Dick or Harry, and who knows what it's going to be used for...  

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, ECCOnoob said:

But YOU have chosen to use an online only business.

Their entire operation is designed from the ground up to be dealt with online. It wants as little human intervention as possible. It's exactly the reason why they expect you to use their chatbots and FAQs and web pages and do all they can to stop you contacting them directly. Direct contact means having to pay for humans to deal with it. Something not in it's business model.  Does it say anywhere that they will guarantee a response within 2 days?  Did you have to send a message again? It might simply be the case that your original message is sitting in box somewhere waiting processing by the tiny amount of humans they employ to do such work.

If you wanted the simplicity and assurance of full human interaction and instant Rolls-Royce service, you could have gone to a traditional travel agent and more than likely paid double or triple the price. Thems your choices.

Can't have it both ways.  

I think you mean double the fees, not double the total price, and if it meant better service for stuff like this I would seriously think about it.

2 minutes ago, Organgrinder said:

Not me who's making a fuss about it.    Some think the governments figures are way out but,  as I say,   we will never know anyway without ID  cards.

I personally don't give  a damn but the forum racist it at it.

God forbid we should ever need ID cards. I can just see every neo-nazzi policeman on street corners demanding 'Papers!' What's going to happen if you don't happen to have them on you? Police cell or a fine? Nice little earner there... 

Perish the idea.

2 minutes ago, Anna B said:

God forbid we should ever need ID cards. I can just see every neo-nazzi policeman on street corners demanding 'Papers!' What's going to happen if you don't happen to have them on you? Police cell or a fine? Nice little earner there... 

Perish the idea.

When did you ever see a policeman on every street corner - or anywhere except in a patrol car?

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Anna B said:

Perish the idea.

Nazi  Germany or Vichy France come s to mind 

Edited by cuttsie